Video on how to make a chest plate out of sintra

WOW! Very informative and useful. Saved to favorites. Thanks for showing your R&B technique as well. Just a question about your armor sculpt, I was wondering how you developed the correct curvature in the chest pieces to achieve the proper look to the armor. Thanks for the vid!

WOW! Very informative and useful. Saved to favorites. Thanks for showing your R&B technique as well. Just a question about your armor sculpt, I was wondering how you developed the correct curvature in the chest pieces to achieve the proper look to the armor. Thanks for the vid!

Thanks guys!

Tuba - I just look at a bunch of phots of the real deal and sand down till i was satistied with the curves.

Also, lots of screen caps.

see pics on my website below from a while back
http://www.r2ro.com/jangochestarmor3.0.htm

at one point my entire wall was full of chest images.

newchest8.jpg

I say!!!!! Pretty dang cool bro!!! I've always wondered how you jango folks did that. You make it look really easy. Very informative video. I'm shure alot of folks will find that very usefull. Great job!!
D

I'm actually in the process of making my own armor and these techniques will help.

Although I do have one question... is there anyway I can form my Sintra cut-outs without using the "master molds"? Any suggestions on how I can get the bends and contours correct would be appreciated?

Thanks.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back