Mercs metal Mand'alor armor.

Looks great Novall. This is off topic, but it looks like you have lost weight, have you? If so, good job! But an even better job on the costume.

36lbs as of this weekend. Shooting for another 9 and I'll be back at 220 which is what I weighed in at 8 years ago.

A few reasons why I did it, mainly so I could represent Mercs the way I should be.

Thanks Clay, appreciate the compliments.

I must say Manda'lore you're looking quite well for someone who's lost so much weight. Let me tell you right now though, don't worry about the adjustments to your armor, just make 'em if you have to. Fitness is a very important thing, and I am glad that you are taking the lead and initiative and doing something to better yourself. You're an example to mandos everywhere! Congrats on the 35lb drop!

Kal'ika

I've lost 35lbs so far to make this armor look as good as possible. I've got 10 more pounds to go and I think I'll be right where I need to be for now. Anything more then that and I'll have to do a second set of adjustments. Already had everything but the vest taken in once LOL!

BTW, I love you're armor, it's probably the second best custom i've ever seen... I don't think anything can beat hydra's right now.

Wait till you see my version 3 in a couple months. This V2.0 armor has been upgraded a few times and is being parted out to members of my home Mercs chapter here in NC.

The new set...well, thats another story on another thread. =)

Below is the final v2.6 of the set in this thread. This was from DCon 08 when my girl and I helped out with the Star Wars costume contest.

Jeff Gaines DCon08 Star Wars CC-91.jpg

I know its been said before but what else is there to say?
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is truely epic.
Very cool! Cant wait to see the v3.0 set of beskar'gam.
Also (a little off topic) but might I just point out how lucky you are to have a mando gf! If only I was so lucky!
Keep up the good work

Tracyn

This would be a current picture of my version 3.5 armor.

28553_397186618096_718958096_4082073_7917050_n.jpg

My flightsuit is custom made by a seamstress. There are several different places to get a jumpsuit or flightsuit without having to get it made custom. My origional flightsuit was a pair of redkap coveralls I dyed bluish-gray. Some people use dickies, some people use actual fighter pilot flight suits. Some people use 2 piece BDU's. Just depends on what your comfortable with and what you can make look good. It's all about making it look "in universe".

that is a masterpiece Mand'alor! i love the trenchcoat look, and i love the lil blaster pistol you have on your combat suspenders :D, great work!

You make it, you trust it, you get moving... and from there, the kit trains you :)

(recovering from being trained by chain-mail kama)

Armor is part of yuuuuuuuuuu
Edit: Needless to say........ my drool might fry my laptops motherboard... so if its dead, Manda'lor You owe me a new laptop

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back