Looking for stormtrooper armor

nyoron

New Hunter
To my fellow star wars enthusiasts

When I was fourteen, I vowed that Id acquire a set of stormtrooper armor. But I didnt not have the funds nor was I old enough to join the 501st.

Now I am 18 and have the funds. I am turned off by the FX's lack of detail. I have heard about the TE and the AP and Im leaning towards the AP armor, since its a bit more durable. Could anyone steer me in the right direction to where I could get the armor?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thank you

From what I understand, Nyoron, the biggest difference is that when the TE armor, being made of a thinner material (HIPS plastic, I think?), is pulled (vacuum-formed) over a mold, it has a more detailed, accurate finish. I'm kind of new to all this myself and that information might be a bit off, though.

I think the only major diff is the mould lineage... TE had moulds from (supposedly) original armour and AP is copied and slightly sanitized from them... both are awesome sets of armour I personally have an AP set? the ABS AP is more sturdier and widely used within trooping TK's both your side and this side of the pond.

Both are Vac-formed over male bucks... so detail will be the same, depending on the moulds themselves...

Oh, I also forgot to mention that Im 5'8-9 and 175~ pounds. Larger upper body. I think the length of my shoulder to shoulder is 61-2 cm. So, would the armor fit ok?

Thanks again for the help

FX is the cheapest... upfront. if you want a kit with a helmet.. If your going to buy a TE or a AP helmet sperate.. you might as well buy a AP SET it comes out to the same price.

Also you may want to visit whitearmor.net they'll have more info there. I've just finished my AP set its really nice stuff!

my quick summary:

FX. cheapest, easiest to get. durable, well made, but inaccurate. the chest is too big, helmet too large and misproportioned, biceps lack detail, etc.. etc... it's good for larger troopers, since the pieces that are technically "too big" look right on a body that is also technically too big. comes ready to assemble.

AP. similar build-wise to FX. it's abs, but a little thinner. has lineage (however convoluted) to original armor. the details in the pieces aren't as sharp as the TE due to the thicker/different plastic. comes rough trimmed, so it takes more work to put together. it costs roughly. 50 - 60% more than the FX armor, despite needing more work to finish.

TE. i know the least about this. thinner plastic. better detail, less strength. i want to say that it needs to be painted to get a shiny finish, but that could be wrong. dunno about price or how it shows up.

AP is more durable but still lacks the detail of a TE. I had an AP and it was great. I trooped in it for a couple years, but I sold it to upgrade to a TE which i plan to troop in. Unless you intend to play contact sports in your armor, the TE will hold up just fine for trooping purposes. You may also want to consider AP armor with a TE helmet. Post at www.MEPD.net to inquire about sellers. Goodluck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a set of T.E. (for the Sandtrooper I'm putting together) and I love it. Not sure which type you want to make(TK or TD), but a good site to check out is www.MEPD.net the sandtrooper board.

one more question
should i buy this brand new and trim it myself and what not
or
buy it used trimmed and ready to wear for a much lower price

thanks again.

one more question
should i buy this brand new and trim it myself and what not
or
buy it used trimmed and ready to wear for a much lower price

thanks again.

depends....do ya wanna throw it on. or stare at it in aww knowing all that hard work was worth it?:p:love

+ you could trim it too fit exact incase the previous owner was smaller somewhere then you are.

goodluck either way (y) :)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back