comments on my Rubie's helmet please!

FettDad

Active Hunter
hi everyone! i am really new to all of this, and i just finished my helmet yesterday...it is a Rubie's version, and i know it is not the cream of the crop, but i really put alot of thought and effort in it and would love some feedback on how i did...i have read that the Rubies is pretty poor quality, but was short on funds and wanted to get started on something....please let me know what you guys think, i would love the feedback!! here's the pic...

Boba Fett pic.jpg

I don't think you did a bad job for a first timer as I have seen worse...
But I think you have over weathered the front of the mandibles (too much silver - not enough red) and without viewing around the helmet I could not comment, but great start on your first lid! (y)

p.s. FD welcome aboard the TDH bus to Fetts-ville.. ;)

Yes, the longest bus ride I've ever been on, but what fun (y) I agree with my fellow countryman Gav (Mojo) a bit more red and your good to go, welcome aboard :cheers

Good effort, i really like the lack of flare on this lid.

I do agree about the weathering though, just a bit too much. Don't worry though as we have all been there haha

Saying that I would keep the lid as it is :)

i'd like to see the back and sides. just from the front it's not horrible, it looks like a good first helmet paint job. though i still see the trademark rubies temple warp on the left side, if you have a crafts/hobbies store near you (like michaels) you can do something about that warp. get an 8 inch craft ring (a wood needlepoint ring is ok as long as you use the solid inner piece and not the outer that has the tighhtener), heat the helmet up with a hair dryer, next jam in into the top of the helmet as far as it'll go (with the warm helmet it should stretch things out enough to take out most of the warps and give you a nice round base), and finally hot glue it into place.

I think it looks really good for your first paint job. I can see that you even put one the correct ear decals. Good Job!!!

I don't think you did a bad job for a first timer as I have seen worse...
But I think you have over weathered the front of the mandibles (too much silver - not enough red) and without viewing around the helmet I could not comment, but great start on your first lid! (y)

p.s. FD welcome aboard the TDH bus to Fetts-ville.. ;)
Gav took the words right out of my mouth. Ditto!!!

thanks alot guys! i appreciate the input, and i will get some more pics from the back and sides so you can give me more input and ideas...anyone want to comment on sgtfang's mystery helmet? i am looking to do one of those for my next lid...thanks again everyone!

I had a Fang lid a while back but had to sell it due to it not fitting my large dome. I went with a MS1 and in my opinion, the best bucket for larger Fett's.

Cant go wrong with a Sgt Fang, although make sure you deal with him personally, avoid any ebay 'mystery' helmets if you can, your on the right track, keep going (y)

sgtfang can be found under member lists...just email him if you have questions...i dont know if he has a website, let me know if he does!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back