A few questions to begin with

Tori

New Hunter
Hello everybody!!!

So the next newbie with some questions. :lol:

I want to go for a Boba Fett costume. However I am only 5.6 tall. Do Boba´Fett helmets make you taller, like Vader?. Or is there a possibility to stuff the helmet ?

My next question. I Have spoken to many people who had their costumes from Bobamaker and Movie FX. Would you recommend them? What I have seen so far was pretty good, but don't know if they have a good reputation overall. I really want to have a very good costume, even if this means, to spend a few thousand Euros.

thx anyway.(y)

the suit can add a few inches, but not much.

i'm 5 foot 9. my helmet adds about an inch, the soles of the shoes are an inch thick, and i have 1" lifts. so the top of my bucket is 6' even when all is said and done.

a bigger helmet with more padding could take you up higher, but then you'll be left looking out through the vertical part of the t, rather than the horizontal.

bobamaker's stuff is awesome... you really can't go wrong there. same with fettpride.

movieFX i don't know anything about.

Welcome to TDH!
Probably half my current gear is by Bobamaker. He makes great stuff!
Not sure that MovieFX does any Fett stuff. I thought they mainly did Stormtrooper armor, but I could be mistaken.
As TK7602 mentioned, FettPride is another great source for Boba armor and helmets.

Yeah I talked to Bobamaker and he told me his stuff is more than 501st quality. :D He's the guy I'm going with for my ESB Fett needs. I've never heard a bad thing about BM or FP. FettPride is awesome too! :D Great thing I know about Bobamaker's stuff is it comes primed and everything, totally ready to paint. Hope that helps a little! What version you plan on going for???

El1te

Welcome to TDH!:cheers You definitely can't go wrong with BM ... most of my costume came from him, and I am VERY satisfied!(y)

Regarding adding padding to the helmet, it can be done, but be careful. Putting too much padding in can push the horizontal part of the T-visor too high which can significantly reduce you horizontal (peripheral) vision while wearing the helmet.

Bobamaker all the way i say, im waiting on an order at the moment, well worth the wait, top quality stuff.

I wouldnt worry about your height, im 6'2 nearly 3, i feel sometimes that im too tall!! :lol:

Bobamaker/Daz is a great person to work with. He is currently doing up an order for me at the moment, and i must say that given how awesome other people wear his stuff, im soo excited about getting it.

Now just to pay it off, and actually recieve it. Just for the record, im 5'5"ish and his helmet and a pair of Caboots add about 2 inches to my height :D, and I have his whole entire hard parts to date coming for my RotJ Fett, minus the resin boot spikes as i haev Aluminium ones :D

bobamaker is where good things come from. even though i've been collecting my costume for a while and i'm just NOW going to make my first BM purchase (shin tools ftw!), in my time here i have heard nothing but rave reviews of his products, so i'm confident i will be happy with whatever i get.

on a slightly different note, i would like to congratulate you on your decision to ask questions first instead of doing what i did and put together an all ebay fett first then find this place and ask questions. it was awful. i've probably easily spent five times as much as i did for that first costume, but i'm not losing any sleep over that and i feel like i have a costume that i can really be proud of.

So, thank you for your answers :).

I just thought I'd be a bit to small for it, but I just love Boba and his amor, can't help it.:lol: Maybe, because on the last Con I have seen so many Boba's running arround and they were for sure larger than 6 foot

Good, to hear. From what I was told he is doing a very god job. How long does it actually take for the items to arrive? Are any complications known, concerning things like payment?

Well, I want to go for ESB alltough I also like the ROTJ version, but you gotta stick with one, sooo....;)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back