Custom Mando'ad Beskar'gam

have you seen the death watch helmets?...with that visor id be tempted to make the shoter helmets that the death watch wear with that face plate...modded form the gypsyboy lid...would be a lot of extra work though

the chin wouldnt stick as far down as it looks like it does in the pic, its just because its closer thats why it appears larger. the bottom of the chin will still be in the same spot as it is with the 'true' buckets. and the death watch split from the True Mandalorians, whereas my helmet is 'pre-true', so to speak. thanks for the input though!
Hodayc

You could make the cheek pockets more of a swooping shape then the original too. If you wanted to add some different depth to it.

i angled the faceplate like that because i want the bottom edge to look similar to Canderous's, no cheek indents at all, the neos never had them and i feel that i dont need them for this bucket. im also debating if i should trim the bottom edge of the helmet to make it shorter, ill just have to wait and see how it fits when i get it.
thanks,
Hodayc

Jaster Mereel created the super commando armor (jango style, boba is protector style) to replace neo-type suits. I'm sure that they had been modified throughout that time, but thats the only recorded time that they say a change took place. You know your armor looks alot like the Crusader MK III armor developed by black sun and Death Watch. In fact you schould look at this site http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Crusader_MK_III_armor . It looks like what you want to do.

my 'true' helmet is in the mail! it wont be long before i post more pics, plus im thinking of getting some material from work today so i can work on my custom vambraces tonight!
Hodayc

hey, i got my helmet today!!! i havnt cut out the visor yet but i will tomorrow or this weekend. depends when i go golfing, lol. anyway, here it is....
P.S. its a Gypsyboy

IMG_7295.JPG
IMG_7296.JPG
IMG_7298.JPG
IMG_7299.JPG
Hodayc

What ever u do do not cut out the face to make your custom! get your self a batting helmet or skate helmet and use one of them i have made 3 scrath builds and it not that hard u might be making a big mistake by haking that nice peice up when u can find some thing that will probable be more stream line than your gipzeboy,
your progress is looking good hope to see your mandalore soon and your fett.

hey all, im sorry i havnt posted in a while, my hours at work picked up and now i have a broken thumb so i havnt made much progress. anyhoo heres an update... i cut the visor out of my helmet, and filled in the dent and some minor spots with bondo (which is hard to work with when you only have one thumb), i bought a visor, and i have one arm guard cut out, it still has the template on it because im going to make grooves where the white lines are and paint them a different colour. i made the arm guards out of 3" abs dwv pipe, and they're tough as hell!
Hodayc

IMG_7303.JPG
IMG_7305.JPG
IMG_7306.JPG
IMG_7307.JPG

Hey man. You still planning to cut the face out of that thing?! Much of the structural integrety is in the face, so you'd have to be careful. Once you get a replacement face in there though it should be strong again. Man, I don't think I can watch this thread if you're gonna saw that helmet up!!!! LOL

hey all. i changed my mind about cutting the face off my helm, i was going to until i saw it in person. this thing is truely amazing. i am modding it a bit though, ive cut off the rangefinder housing, and am touching it up with bondo, ive filled the dent. and i found some LED lights im going to add to the sides of my helm (where the rangefinder would be attached and the same on the other side). sorry no pics of the LED's yet
Hodayc

IMG_7308.JPG
IMG_7309.JPG

P.S. im glad youre watching this thread GB, i hope i do your bucket justice. and anyone who is looking for a good helmet at a really good price should go with a 'Gypsyboy'. theyre awsome!

Su'cuy gar vode! its time for an update! im sorry its been a while since my last update. i dont have anything done other than drawings and ideas but i did a mod to my neo-visor and then i added a colour scheme to it to give it a bit more personality (prolly not the colour scheme im going to be going with but i like it anyway). i based the shape of the visor off of the neo-crusader insignia.
please let me know what you think.
Hodayc
View attachment Helmet template - Neo-Visor faceplate - colour idea.bmp
View attachment 180px-Tskull_banner_svg.bmp

hey all, sorry i dont have any solid progress pics due to the fact that i need more $$$ for supplies. but i do have some concept pics thanks to paint! this is my finalized faceplate design and i also have 2 concepts for a crest which is similar to a samurai style that will be attached to the forehead of my helmet. any ideas which crest i should go with? thanks.
View attachment Helmet template - Neo-Visor faceplate - final.bmp
View attachment Helmet template - Neo-Forehead Crest.bmp
View attachment Helmet template - Neo-Forehead Crest2.bmp

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back