So what version you think I should do???

SharkForge

Well-Known Hunter
As some of you may know... I plan on starting my own Fett suit... problem is im stuck between ESB and ROTJ... :( I don't know which I want to do!!! What do you guys think? What are your favorite versions and why? I'm leaning toward ESB because I like the green gauntlets and pack but I want some feedback from some pros first :)

El1te

I vote for ESB. Come on...JB Project :) If money isn't an option you could build yourself almost the same costume as JB is going to receive.

Well, like you say, it's a matter of personal preference. If you're leaning toward ESB. . . then go ESB!
My own preference is for ROTJ-SE. I like the red gauntlets and "jet pack of many colors" with the ESB helmet.
(Plus I heard that people who go straight ROTJ are mean to puppies.)

:lol:

Well, like you say, it's a matter of personal preference. If you're leaning toward ESB. . . then go ESB!
My own preference is for ROTJ-SE. I like the red gauntlets and "jet pack of many colors" with the ESB helmet.

Hahaha... mean to puppies???

That JB project is SOOO amazing! I hope my armor turns out that good when im done WAY down the road...haha. i think I'm gonna go with ESB version :D

El1te

not mean to puppies.

we feed them to our kitties :p

I like the Jet Pack of many colors also. And while the ESB helmet IS a better looking helmet to me also, I am a purest. And I was alive during ROTJ, so I have more memories of that Fett version.

The green army tent cape is more .. for lack of a better explaination, hardcore to me. Red gauntlets are awesome too. And they have a place for LEDs in the laser cannon part (some people call it the flame thrower but I disagree, to me that is the part made from the lighter piece above the darts maybe I'm nuts)

so ROTJ all the way dang it. So you can compliment JB in pictures instead of competing with him :p

and I LOVE the ROTJ blaster too ;)

I like the Jet Pack of many colors also. And while the ESB helmet IS a better looking helmet to me also, I am a purest. And I was alive during ROTJ, so I have more memories of that Fett version.

As the Fett Helmet History and Fett 1986 threads recently brought out, there were several ROTJ stunt helmets painted to match the ESB helmet. So, you can say the SE version is also accurate for ROTJ even without the SE.

stoopid puppies! who likes 'em anyway!?!

i'm all about the cats!

and the purity and virtue of fett as he was meant to be! rainbow colored pack, colorful gauntlets, and the One True Helmet!

;)

seriously though, do what you like. in my experience even most 501st members don't realize there's a difference between the bobas, so it's all personal preference.

i like the rotj helmet because the damage looks less artistic and more like it got hid with a lot of heavy things. i think the esb helmet is more visually appealing, but i think the rotj is more realistic.

the clown color jet pack... well... i've learned to love it.

This was a really tough decision for me to make as well. I prefer the green gauntlets and jet pack of the ESB fett, but prefer the grey jumpsuit and blaster of the ROTJ version. As for the helmets, I lean slightly more towards the ESB version. I think what really made up my mind for me was the fact that ESB is my favouite episode and it was the first time I had ever seen Boba Fett before as a kid. I was in awe!

ESB, just looks more professional. ROTJ kinda looks thrown together to me.

I like the "thrown-together" look of the ROTJ (and Pre-Production) costumes more than the uniform appearance of the ESB version.

To my mind, Boba Fett is a survivor, adaptable to situations and more concerned about the lethality of his weapons than whether or not he looks professional and polished. I mean, he's got all those scratches, chips and that big old dent in his helmet. :lol: Although, to be fair, ESB has way more screen time than any others, and there is something to be said for the continuity of color.

I know you didn't put any of the Pre-Production costumes as choices, but the PP2 has the "jet pack of many colors", one red gauntlet, one dark yellow gauntlet, with that wicked looking flame thrower on it, and the PP2 helmet looks great. It has the dark green cape someone mentioned earlier.

Most of this stuff is subjective, anyway. It's your money, time, effort and uitimately, your costume. Pick one you like and go for it!
"You must do what you feel is best, of course". :)

Keep us posted. (y)

pre pro 2.jpg

I'm an ESB and I hate puppies, cats rock!

I personally prefer ESB, I think it just looks better. Looks more like a soldier than ROTJ due to the technicolour dream-pack.

Thanks for all the input! It helps hearing what other people think as well. I really like how people like the different versions. My problem is I like 'em all for different reasons haha... lots of the reasons you guys said. I think I really do enjoy the ESB version the best. And like you said, i should do what I like. So I think thats what I will shoot for! :D Id still like to hear what some of your guys' favorite versions or parts are still tho :D Thanks a lot!

El1te

Oh and have you noticed that that one pre-pro image, boba just has an awkward stance. A kind of female stance. Only in those pre-pro pics.

Agreed. It is not the most masculine stance in the world. :D I think it would look better if he were holding a blaster rifle or carbine instead of the sling gun.
That pose, however, especially shows the "man with no name" influence in Jeremy's concept of Boba Fett: enigmatic, tough, lethal and independent. To take it a step further, I'd say Boba Fett is a Star Wars version of Toshiro Mifune's character, Sanjuro, in Akira Kurosawa's film, Yojimbo which was the basis of A Fist Full of Dollars. The producers of Yojimbo actually won a lawsuit over it. ;)

BTW, I'd recommend Kurosawa's Seven Samurai as a "must see" for anyone who likes a good sword or action film. :cheers

Boba-Clint-w.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You can do a ESB helmet and a ROTJ suit.... Ive seen many people with that variant.
Im going through the same thing as you. I settled for ROTJ... ALso you have to ask yourself..Do you have what it takes to paint different colors?

ESB i would think it would be less work to do, less colors to spray and wait.... So im up for the task of ROTJ..

Also i found there is less info on ROTJ on for paint colors and support due to the JB project going on. There is a WEALTH of knowlegde for ESB colors...

LOL I totally stand like that all the time. Cause I'm a girl, though there is usually a slight bend in my knee. I get caught all the time as a girl in armor because of it hehe.

Oh well.

And as for which Fett, I think a lot of it is ROTJ was the first Fett I remember well also. So that was the main reason I picked it.

I do like the prepro gloves though, I might make some of those just because they rock. Anyone know a source for those patches? lol

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back