Smaller Gauntlets?

Warrior Po8

New Hunter
I was wondering if anyone new of any designers that make a smaller version of gauntlets. I'm about 5'7" and would love to know if anyone makes a more streamlined version of them for a lighter framed body.

Any help would be much appreciated!

WPO8,

I think you need to specify exactly what you're looking for...streamlined OR smaller. Streamlined could be mean many things, up to and including removing certain parts to make it less 'cluttered'. Smaller basically means all the bells and whistles, cept smaller in size. It would also help to know if you're heading towards a Custom mando, or doing a movie version Mandalorian?

I'm 5'5" without armor and with standard movie sized armor and gauntlets [no modifications or resizing], this is me:

Photo-0099.jpg

Hope this helps...

Stay safe,

Tim.

WPO8,

I think you need to specify exactly what you're looking for...streamlined OR smaller. Streamlined could be mean many things, up to and including removing certain parts to make it less 'cluttered'. Smaller basically means all the bells and whistles, cept smaller in size. It would also help to know if you're heading towards a Custom mando, or doing a movie version Mandalorian?

I'm 5'5" without armor and with standard movie sized armor and gauntlets [no modifications or resizing], this is me:

Photo-0099.jpg

Hope this helps...

Stay safe,

Tim.
and you look great doing it!

Great points.

To be more specific, I think I would be a bit more comfortable in gauntlets that were just about an inch or two shorter in length, and perhaps some that have less of a circumference, resting closer to the arm itself. I'd hope to not necessarily sacrifice any of the pieces on the gauntlets themselves.

HALO, that suit looks really great on you. Who is the artist? The flight suit and flak especially.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
S_N,

Gracias bro. :cheers

WP08,

If that was the case, then I think Alan would be your best bet. but you would have to scratchbuild the gauntlets yourself though.

Gettin the ones available now, you would be hard pressed to shorten the length, but the circumference could be cut down a little smaller.

Hope this helps somehow...8)

And thanks. The flightsuit was locally made and the vest is a retailored Batninja in med. What do you mean by the artist? LMK.

Stay safe,

Tim.

I am only 5'5" and here is what I did. I got the Chuck ruffing gauntlets. They are styrene plastic, so that are very flimsy and flexible. I fiberglassed the inside to harden them up. But before I layed the fiberglass I made a form from sintra that fit the circumfrence of my arm better. I then layed that gauntlet bottom in the form and essentially taped it in. Since the form was smaller in circumfrence the sides of the actaul gauntlet sort of get pinched together causing a smaller circumfrence. With the styrene gaunt taped into the form I then fiberglassed the inside of the styrene gauntlet. Once the glass dried I was let with a hardened gauntlet that fit my arm better.
(by pinching the sides together instead of having like a half circle shaped half of gauntlet you kind of end up with like a half oval shaped gauntlet half. Even with the elongated shape I did not have to trim any of either half. They fit together on my arm fine.)

I am vertically challenged also and would recommend Chuck Ruffkins gaunt's. They are more porportional to our size. I love MOW's, but they are huge on me.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back