Help for a new guy

That One Guy

New Hunter
Hi everybody, I'm a newbie and a day before finding this place i bought a bucket off ebay. I would in the future like to get what i need from other dented members after reading a lot of horror stories about ebay and recasters.

Anyway i really have no experience working with resin/fiberglass/bondo/whathaveyou. So can any veterans offer me some pointers or send me to a thread i may have missed. Any help is much appreciated:)

Welcome to TDH! There are soooo many threads here, the best thing would be to just pick a section and start reading thread after thread after thread...etc...etc.

Yes, what Shatir said. :) There are tons of construction/building threads. If you plug in a specific term in the search function, you'll come up with some great research.

Depending on your level of experience, people will be able to answer more specific questions for you once you narrow down a certain type of material or part of the costume that you're working on.
If you've ever built models, the techniques you use (sanding/filling, etc.) won't be that different.

thanx for replying guys , i have been looking over as many posts as i have time for. i have started in with my dremel and put some nics in the visor area i bought something called epoxy putty will that work to fill in holes and the like or should i go get bondo? oh and i will try to post a pic or 2 tomorrow thanx again

bondo has been a life saver for me. As far as getting started, I made a list of everything I needed then came on TDH and researched makers and did alot of compare and contrast all while referencing visual dictionary pictures, ref. cd, etc. it helped a lot i think. good luck~!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back