Anyone want to start tackling Snake Eyes?

I don't think that suit is spandex.... it most likely is constructed like most super hero movie now a days, muscle suits and formed suits...ala Batman Begins, HellBoy, Superman Returns.

Yes, Ray is a fit guy but no physique is good looking at all angles.

official pic lightened up to see the pants

snakeeyesws6.jpg

They look like EMT, SWAT, or Police tactical pants to me. Wish we could see the bottom of the pant leg. And also the feet to see if he's wearing boots, and if the pants are tucked into them or not.

I am actually thinking of getting some tabi boots, and maybe even actual ninja pants to be a bit more authentic.i am actually doing mine closer to the pic on the right.I like the knife across the chest.Not a fan of those stomach pouches.Looks to bulky for a ninja.

I had a SE suit done a few years ago (the '85 V2 suit) as well as Deadpool, by these folks http://www.spandexwear.com/, they will custom tailor the pieces for a bit extra and they use a really heavyweight spandex for those that are looking. The rest was made from leather and metal; I'll see if I can dig up some pics.

Definitely interested in the sword info Warrior!

Well the pistol he is using looks to be the same one that the BSG (battlestar) season 2 on blasters are made out of. A FN-5.7

Hah, all of this talk of "AndyFett" is getting me confused. I don't know anything about GI Joe and my myspace handle is being used, 2+2=5.

Looking good so far. Is that one of the resin visors from Ebay?

The visor and the sword blade are made from aircraft aluminum. The blade was replaced on the Museum Replicas version for a stunt show we are working on. I'm waiting for my friend to finish off the movie version sword for me. The visor was anodized black. The suit is lycra spandex and swat pants with modern Adidas GSG9 boots (the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned).

I just saw the newer pics of Snake Eyes and got a glimpse of the sculpted mouth.

Not sure what you all think, but I'm not crazy about it. (Felt the same way about Optimus Prime's moving lips)

Here's hoping the film is a good one!

What style swords are you using? Katana or Wakisashi? I would think a waksashi would be better the way he's wielding it.

Well, the replica weapon, as you might be able to tell in the pic, is really neither. It's kind of a fantasy katana. We do use true Katana and Wakisashi in the show, as well as some crazy looking battle axes, combat knives, jo and bo, and broadswords. I'll put up some pics if the director permits.

In respone to Predatormy it's a Five-seven tactical, but looks to be slightly modified on the underside where the laser/flashlight would be mounted on the original.

fn-five7.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back