finally got started on my fp v2

Mike M.

Well-Known Hunter
Community Staff
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
finally got started on my fp v2 updated 5/4

well i've had this for almost a year now and i finally got a good start on my FP v2 armor. here you guys go with a preview tell me what you think. it's not done yet, i'll be doing the shoulders and weathering it this weekend probably.

p.s. sorry about the flash, but by the time i get around to taking pictures the sun usually isn't up any more.

armorstages.jpg

armorunmasked.jpg

chestarmor.jpg

backarmor.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
majic - tractor & implement spray enamel "new cat yellow" purchased at murdochs home and ranch supply. do you like it?

sometimes in the course of human existance a man finds he has the need to wet sand his armor and start the paint job over from the silver! i was really unhappy with the way the weathering turned out and i discovered a technique while painting up my shoulder bells that i'm quite sure is going to turn out beautiful and now i want to apply that to the rest of the armor or else they'll stand out against poop weathering.

anyway, onto new pics!

cheststripped2.jpg

backstripped.jpg

chestsilver2.jpg

backsilver.jpg

i figured out how to add texture to the finished product by misting black in between layers. for the "metal" in these pics i put down a good base coat of silver then misted it with black while it was still wet, then topped it with another light coat of silver. i'm looking at it while it's drying, it really looks like brushed aluminum and i think it'll be a great overall effect when it's finished

Looking good keep it coming. im going to be starting paint on my armor soon.. are you what kinda sliver are you using? like brand a name?
krylon metalic?

gbeef: for the metal look i'm using plasti-kote metallic acrylic enamel silver 19101. but a good base down, then while it's still wet mist it wish krylon satin black, then put one more light coat of the silver on again.

tk7602: since i've gone and sanded it all down and am start over on it, that's something i'm going to do with the kidney plate this time around. even though with my applebottom butt dimensions there wasn't too much flex when wrapping it around me, i never noticed any paint cracks or warps.

here's some teaser pics of my current re-paint progress:

chestrevealed.jpg

backunrevealed.jpg

i'll be pulling the mask off the back and cod tonight after work. i'm so much happier with the paint on it this time around, i don't think the photo's do them justice but it's the best i could do with sunlight coming through the window.

another sweet update! installed my collar blocks and got a test fitting today.

i has a neck!
ivegotaneck.jpg

and a cod!
update1.jpg

here we are a little closer, with arid extra dry
update2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back