Beginner ESB Gauntlets - Progress

stellardude

Active Hunter
Hi again folks!
Pretty excited today... my first set of Gauntlets arrived (thanks suspect86). They're Bloodsport Studios (I'd never heard of them) Gauntlets... must be some sort of high impact resin... veeery heavy! Almost looks like cement, just not the same consistency. They must be an ROTJ kit because there's a big block on the side that's meant to be the Flamethrower... but I'm making these into ESB gauntlets, so I won't use it, or post a pic of it. (I know, they're not spot in in detail... but they'll do, for now... there are other parts that came with it, like the black side piece and the rear right piece that the hose attaches to.. I'll post pics when I assemble them)

Late last week the rocket came in the mail... what a tease!

Anyways.. here's how they arrived... primed grey. They'll need a good sanding. I didn't take any pics of the rocket before I painted it.. it's fiberglass and it came primed grey also (thanks to erock8100).
I think I did a pretty good job on the brass part! (I painted up from a dark Tin Bitz to a dry brush of Brazen Brass).

Anyways... as always, any feedback is welcome! :)

DSCF2809.JPG

DSCF2816.JPG

DSCF2818.JPG

DSCF2825.JPG

those look awful familiar. lol, i sold them to suspect86. the right gaunt is a jango. they were too small for my popeye forearms, i'm excited to see what someone finally does with them.

They should look pretty nice once finished as I'm sure that I'll be giving stellardude a hand with fixing them up. ;)

I thought that the right gauntlet was a Jango. The lack of a curve on the portion just above where the wrist darts go was what gave it away.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back