My weekend - Non Starwars for a change haha

Ronin677

Well-Known Hunter
I was out with my unit this weeknd and got the chance to try out my ghillie suit that i have been working on (its not a full suit, only 3/4). It still needs a lot of work and the rifle needed to be cammed up but it was a quick photo taken whilst in my harbour area (all a bit of fun but i love it haha)

tmpphpY951tU.jpg

very cool mate. would love to see pics of your ghillie suit if you have any. I need to add more variety of colours to mine.

tmpphpW5Hqmq.jpg

Jon,

Love it! Bet you had fun! If I drop by, you gotta take me out shooting bro!

My 13 yr Reserves stint is over as I just got my C.O.M. from Command. Sigh, all my high speed gear and no where to use it.. :lol:

Nice bro, thanks for sharing!

Stay safe,

Tim.

Tim - I didn't realise you were ex military :) If ever you are passing i'll arrange to get the L96A1 rifles out of moth balls :lol:

thanks for the kind comments

Jon,

Sounds like a plan bro! :cheers!

I was in Active Service for 2.5 years and converted to the Reserves once my Active stint was done. ;)

Stay safe,

Tim.

I will remember that, I'll post some pics when mine is finished.
will take a lot of time though...

Ruben

Tell me about it, mine still needs a lot of work. i am off on a big exercise in the summer and will be teaching ambush drills to several new intakes, so i need to get this ghillie up to scratch

I have an ''army net'' (if thats the right word) and i took some of the stuff off and sewed it on a sort of cape like thing.

lot of effort hehe
i can buy a total suit for 125 euro's :lol:, but making my own is a lot more fun.

I'll contact you when mine is finished, will take a month or so when I have free from school.

Ruben

Ruben - mine is made from a old army shirt with the front removed. I attached a hood to it instead of using a hat. I then attached strips of different colour hessian. I need more browns in order to tone down the green though.

I suppose i should post mine then... no outdoors shots in its current version, but of course it adapts and changes for all the environments its used in. Its current setup is semi arid grasslands (Australian summer lol) with a little bit of a woodland scheme in its lower levels...

And so I give you my hand done ghillie suit, based off of the Australian Auscam Disruptive Pattern Camouflage Uniform (DPCU for short) with hessian strands at many numerous interval lengths... 500+hours and will never be finished :p only have pics of the top however i love my legs for them... may have to get it out for some pics sometime soon :D

100_0855.gif

100_0856.gif

100_0857.gif

100_0858.gif

100_0859.gif

100_0860.gif

Here ya go :D sorry about the size and amount of the pics, not meaning to highjack at all :p

Btw what scheme is yours based for, Standard Woodland? :)

Ruben - mine is made from a old army shirt with the front removed. I attached a hood to it instead of using a hat. I then attached strips of different colour hessian. I need more browns in order to tone down the green though.

Do you have a picture of what you have done with the shirt?
Maybe I can do that with my suit too.

@ alc, your suit is awesome!!!!

Ruben

I suppose i should post mine then... no outdoors shots in its current version, but of course it adapts and changes for all the environments its used in. Its current setup is semi arid grasslands (Australian summer lol) with a little bit of a woodland scheme in its lower levels...

And so I give you my hand done ghillie suit, based off of the Australian Auscam Disruptive Pattern Camouflage Uniform (DPCU for short) with hessian strands at many numerous interval lengths... 500+hours and will never be finished :p only have pics of the top however i love my legs for them... may have to get it out for some pics sometime soon :D

100_0855.gif

100_0856.gif

100_0857.gif

100_0858.gif

100_0859.gif

100_0860.gif

Here ya go :D sorry about the size and amount of the pics, not meaning to highjack at all :p

Btw what scheme is yours based for, Standard Woodland? :)
Kinda looks like my old Christmas tree that I didn't take down till the end of Febuary :lol:

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back