Show Me Your Helmet Insides!

Wolfie

Hunter
A weirdly twisted as that seems to sound the more I say it..

I would like to see pics of the insides of your buckets. Basically for ideas of a good way to line them with foam. I tried a batting helmet but it pushed my face forward too much, I ended up using that 90 degrees turned (vertical) in my TD bucket. (maybe that will work for Fett too?)

And I am also curious how many have those neat foam things from the visual dictionary or wherever they came from... and the color of the inside you chose.

thanks to those who participate in my little visual survey!

:eek: :lol: WOW, way to get someone's attention Crystal :lol:. I use just the old hard hat liner. my head doesn't touch any part of the inside of my bucket. I'll post some pics up soon.

(y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is mine, A Bobamaker Deluxe Helmet, with a painted and weathered(...ish) MarrowSun Helmet Interior Kit (same as the future CantinaDude ones...), and 2 PC fan cooling system setup :D

PIC_0699.gif

PIC_0699.gif

PIC_0699.gif

PIC_0702.gif

Hope that helps and gives you and idea... btw when the foam interior kit gets attached, it does get harder... mine isnt spongy anymore, but rather rigid and a yeah...perfect except for the top, which starts to hurt after about 4 hours or so id say...

If you have a small head or a bigger helmet and can put up with it being a little uncomfortable after a long troop, then its perfect for ya :D

Mine is quite comfy. I might add a small fan to keep me from fogging up the lense though. I tried to mimic what MR did. I used auto headliner foam purchased at Joanne fabrics.

bonnie 002.jpg

Alc what are the rubber nubs on your visor for if I might ask and where did they come from?

so you guys wear the helm with the inserts? hrm

I am so far liking the idea of the posh helmet auto foam lol. comfy for the win. :)

I use this foam that I get from work, its used to package delicate equipment. I use thicker foam in the front and thinner stuff in the back, so my face isn't pushed forward. Then I put a thick enough piece in the top so it sits at the right level on my head-

IMG_1682.jpg

Here's my interior, it's nothing fancy but very comfortable. All of the foam is removable so that I can gently wash it in warm water and dish soap, or simply replace it altogether.

IMG00360.jpg

Cailieg, the rubber nubs are actually plastic washers for a kitchen faucet. They make great spacers for the chicago screws used to keep the visor in place.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back