GIRTH BELT SIZING HELP THREAD!!!!!

whistle8mp

Active Hunter
I just recently put all the girths I recieved in the mail side by side in every size I had. I measured them and found out that whatever size the company says they are selling you is actually two inches smaller then what they say it is. For instance if you ordered a 34'' belt it really only is 32'' and if you ordered a 36'' belt then its only 34'' buckle to buckle. I don't know why they do this but the best way to figure out the size you need is to measure your waist with a fabric tape and they make sure you give yourself a belt that has a nice four to five inch gap in the back for the straps. THe measurements work like this on every belt they sell all the way up to a 44''

is this after the girth has been dyed and possibly shrunk or before? Is it also pulled tight? Sublte differences can make a difference. The ones that I have had measured exactly the size listed buckle to buckle.

is this after the girth has been dyed and possibly shrunk or before? Is it also pulled tight? Sublte differences can make a difference. The ones that I have had measured exactly the size listed buckle to buckle.

The ones that I use are from Centaur, well thats the company that makes them. I double checked it over and over and I know there will be some differences when you stretch it out but this is for a ruff Idea

I am thinking that since the sizing is for a horse and pulled tight to help hold the saddle on, that the size is based on its full flexible length. I could be wrong though.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back