"Holiday Special" ver 2.0

Well, I still have the right-hand side back panel to add silver to, and I'm about half-way done with the dome. I just came across some photo reference to help me through the rest of the dome. Then I'm going to do some airbrush work for some misting and detail weathering. And then I want to coat it in a few coats of matte finish. So I'd say I'm about 3/4 the way there as far as painting goes on the main helmet part. I still have to build the right ear cap and stalk and finish building the RF.

I'm moving this weekend and then I have exams coming up in a week or two, so my building time is going to be severely limited. Plus, once I move, I won't have my personal internet access for a while. I'm estimating that I won't be back online until after the summer, so my posting will be limited at best until then. But I'll try to post a few things as I go.

Ok boys and girls, last post here before my move, and likely my last progress post for a few months (or at least until we get cable at the new place).

The helmet is ready for airbrush detailing, which will be quick work, and after that it'll be ready for matte finish! Aside from the right ear piece, the outside of this helmet is essentially finished!

Untitled-1b.jpg

Untitled-1b2.jpg

Hi David,

The lid looks stunning!:eek: Excellent work bro!(y)

Good luck with your upcoming exams and hope to see you back here, once you have settled in your new home (with internet and all).

MTFBWY

Peter8)

BobaFettAvatar-animated01.gif

"With great power comes great responsibility"

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks really cool. I'm glad somebody took on this style of paint job. You did great!

Looking at those last pictures, I'd be tempted to put additional small silver details on all the gouges you have in the helmet dome surface. Seems like it would be a bit more consistent with the other paint scratch details if the actual physical cuts had also chipped off the light blue.

Anyway, well done!

What kind of paint did you use for the silver? I'm having a horrible time getting mine to cover. I usually have to put on about 3 or 4 layers.

good lord torsoboy.
why haven't you posted this paint up on the fmpf?
that's a fett that even a non-fett guy could love. (not that there are any non-fett guys) lol

i think that i saw the first version and that too was great. i need to pay more attention to your paint-up threads as i have got A LOT to learn.
GREAT job brother.

ah awesome, :) im currently working on my first scratch build and im going to be making the holiday special version :) i think it looks awesome . your work gives me some thing to work from good job.. friend.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back