"Holiday Special" ver 2.0

Ok I'm stuck. I have all the templates from Count Dookie. They include the cat scratch and kill stripes, but they don't include anything for the rest of the dome. Does anyone have anything i could use, hi-res photos possibly of their ESB domes?

Sorry about that, the templates I have are a work in progress. There were some other scratch templates in an older thread, but it was deleted. You might see if DarthMiller or Evan4218 either have templates or reference photos.

S7005881-1.jpg

Some more damage.

Say, what would you guys recommend? Painting on all the damage except for the silver, then spray on some matte, and then the silver on top of the matte? Or going ahead and painting on the silver and then matte over everything?

On my most recent ESB helmet I painted everything on, then sprayed some dull coat over the whole thing, then went back with some silver and repainted some of it. I think it gives it a nice unevenly worn look, like some of the damage is fresher than the rest.
Just a thought.

I've finished painting the face. Well, except for final airbrushing (black mist, etc) and matte coat. I wasn't looking forward to painting that right side mandible, but I have yet to paint the back so I guess this was a breeze. :p I used watered down Citadel Colors "Mithril Silver" for the metal parts. The water didn't affect the final finish, but it sure did help in applying it.

S7005890.jpg

S7005891.jpg

Holy ****! That's awsome!!!!!!

I too am doing a HS Fett - or at least getting ready to once my stuff arrives. This thread is helping a lot. I had a hard time picturing the helmet but now I've got some great reference! Thanks a million! I'm anxious to see what you come up with for the rest of the armor. Great work and keep the pics coming!
(y)

Got the visor installed today. I need to tweak it just a bit more because the holes in the mandible portions are pulling the top part of the mandibles too far inward, and there is about an 1/8" difference between the top distance between the mandibles and the bottom distance. But that's just grinding the holes a little bit larger. Not a lot of work.

Also, you can see that I've added the cat scratch and some of the dome damage. Still waiting on some templates to show up for the dent and the rest of the dome, but I still have a lot of work to do to keep me busy until then. :)

S7005904.jpg

S7005908.jpg

Thanks

S7005933.jpg

I tweaked the visor so it's a better fit, but today I worked on painting up the dent, and I finished up the kill stripes a few minutes ago.

Did a little hand-painting on some decals today. For the left ear, I stenciled on the white background to the decal, but the black EEs and the black triangle dealie on the right ear were hand-painted with a little outer-edge masking.

Untitled-1a.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back