ESB Blaster parts & greeblies...how did you attach them?

I have a ROTJ so none of the parts apply except for stock greebs, which I went out and found the smallest and thinnest finishing screws I could get my hands on. You can't even tell they are there.

I used Plastiweld. You can get it from Wal-Mart near the paints section with all of the glues. It's an epoxy that welds plastic together. It works exceedingly well on resins.

Well I have one of TD-4242's resin kits. I attached my scope to the top of the mounts by drilling holes into both the scope and mounts and used metal pins to pin the part in place and secured everything with Household Goop. Self tapping screws and goop hold the bracket to the stock and pistol grip.

thx guys,
I forgot to mention i have a HS bronze Webley,
So do I glue on the resin scope mounts to the barrel?

Should i use Goop for that or CA glue?

Oh, I forgot about your bronze blaster. For metal, use JB Weld, when it dries, it's more or less steel, it's made for gluing together metals. I also use it when I need something to really stick to another.

My toe spikes broke once and I just glued them back together with JB Weld. No matter how many times I accidentally kick something, they haven't broken since. With my FP armour, I filled the dents on the backplate with JB Weld, it holds 20 times better than Bondo. The only down part is that it takes about 24 hours to dry. They make "JB Weld Quick," but if you want it to dry in 5 minutes, you're giving up durability.

With my FP armour, I filled the dents on the backplate with JB Weld, it holds 20 times better than Bondo. The only down part is that it takes about 24 hours to dry. They make "JB Weld Quick," but if you want it to dry in 5 minutes, you're giving up durability.

Thx Andy,

How do you sand JB weld smooth, if it dries really hard? i need to fill my backplate dent as well, but i was going to use bondo...

Thx Andy,

How do you sand JB weld smooth, if it dries really hard? i need to fill my backplate dent as well, but i was going to use bondo...
I used bondo and they kept popping out, even when I would score the plastic with the x-acto when the bondo wasn't working enough. JB Weld is sandable, but you have to put more work into it than you would Bondo. Under the dents I also covered them around with JB weld to keep that area from bending. I may also form plastic over this area to keep the dent in position so plastic bending won't release the dent from it's position.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back