Another new guy!

AloruusRook

New Hunter
I was debating whether to post under the previous new guy post or not, but it seems well on it's way to it's own discussion. I've been going to Dragon*Con for about four years now, and every time I'm there I feel like an aruetii(outsider). This year I'm determined to have a costume, and settled(well, okay...I raised my standards)to Mandalorian Armor. I had always wanted Stormtrooper armor, but I'm too hellbent on my own personality, and stormtrooper armor just doesn't fit me. This has been something I've wanted to do since I left the Corps.

So enough rambling. I'm really just not sure where to start, and am having difficulty wading through the enormous amounts of discussions on here. I have an enormous amount of reasonable ideas of how I may want to customize my costume. The problem rests in the essential components; such as the helmet, the plates and the pack. I'm having difficulty figuring out how to acquire these items, and also, what other items I may need.

I started with my Storm Trooper and still have it. I have since gone: Clone Trooper, Royal Guard, Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Emperor, Officer, Tusken Raider, and Biker Scout. I am now well on my way to Jango Fett. Many of these costumes have come and gone but I still have my original Storm Trooper to fall back on. It was the one costume that I had to have in the beginning.

You have to pick the one the appeals to you the most so that you will stick with it. You are right about one thing and that is there is a lot of stuff to look through here on this site.

Have fun on this journey and the best of luck to you.

I appreciate it. Like I said, I just think the Mandalorian Armor fits me best. I have nothing at all against stormtrooper armor, as until recently it's all I wanted. I think the recent Karen Traviss novels have done a lot to open my eyes to another parallel viewpoint. I know some may frown on that, but I've loved this universe my entire life. I know I'm certainly not alone on that. It just feels like I'm definitely alone here in Kentucky.

Welcome. Do you want to do a Fett/Kast or a custom Mando that you can design yourself. The armor is esentially the same, with the exception of dent here or there, so just make yourself a checklist of everything you'll need and go from there. I personally feel that the helmet is the most important piece of the armor as it gives out the "personality" of the character. Pick up one of the ones that come up for sale and get to work. There are plenty of people here who are more than willing to help out another fan, thats one of the great things about this place.

A custom Mando'ade.

I really don't know the best approach. I'll build my own blaster for sure, and some of the canvas/soft stuff I'll probably make out of black leather. Given my small stature, too, I don't know how reasonable a preconstructed suit would be, because it's likely to be awkwardly bulky.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back