JB project/ FP "NEW" ESB Gauntlets!!!!

Nice Gauntlets, I'm also curious to see how they fasten together. my loyalty is with Wickedbeard though. the "metal" Gauntlets he makes are incredible. not to say yours aren't FP but I'm tired of flimsy fiberglass, resin casts that crack when opening them but that's just my opinion. are you guys going to replace the missle and flamethrower with aluminum ones or keep them resin?

Nice Gauntlets, I'm also curious to see how they fasten together. I'm tired of flimsy fiberglass, resin casts that crack when opening them but that's just my opinion. are you guys going to replace the missle and flamethrower with aluminum ones or keep them resin?

:)Trust me, FP Gauntlets are not Flimsy...anyone who has ever owned a set can attest to that.(y)..as we wanted these to be made as accruate to the real ones as possible, as Jeremy would remember.

Everything you see will remain as is, in terms of the Rocket and Aluminum flame thrower....this one would actually be considered a "Trooping" one as it is made of Rubber (flame thrower).;)..was done on purpose and for a reason.(y)

Again these are very EXCLUSIVE to the JB project...and we will do them the justice they deserve when it comes to painting these bad boys up...so stay tuned.

AND OUTFREAKINSTANDING WORK FP!!!(y)...

**On a side note, FP is unable to comment at this time, as he is traveling across country.....Please remember that he is only one person, and his personal life will always come first......I say all this because I know everyone wants a set, But please don't fill his PM box with PM's with Questions, at least not yet;)...as he will not be back online for sometime.
He will answer all your questions very soon. Please be patient.(y)
In the mean time we will be post process pics throughout....

Thank you ALL for your understanding.:cheers

Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
SWEET PONCHATRANE! i hope the rotj versions are available soon! those are beautiful. i've just been given a deadline that i need to have my costume troopable by mid-june! i should pm mow right now about the jet pack. i should start praying to several deities about getting a pair of rubber knees soon too!

DEAR GOD, Chris...and I thought I have seen everything:love These are beyond expression...can't wait to get my hands on them...err..ahh..them on my wrists :lol: Must keep an eye out for the sign up thread ;)

Heya Guys ! Thanks a bunch Alex for giving the heads up to TDH for me :)

Just checking in from my road trip home. I'm still a couple of days away from home (got a late start). I'm in Utah now. Thanks for al your kind comments on these gauntlets !

The great news is the molds are already home :lol: They got there before me.
I will do my best to make you guys and gals happy ;)

A couple of notes on the gauntlets -

These are indeed ESB specific. Christian - yes the button detail was sculpted and produced, DM just didn't get it in the initial pictures yet. I'm sure he'll put that up today for all to see. (it's a separate greeblie that was included in a baggie that probably wasn't opened yet) ;)

I also want to note that these particular gauntlets are pre-production. Mr. Bulloch will obviously be the first to do the trial run :lol: Don't get me wrong, the molds are ready and all. But a couple of the greeblie molds were temporary, and permanent versions of those molds need to be made when I get home ( a day or two to make, max).

The gauntlet attachment method will become evident as this thread matures. I wasn't real crazy about showing that part of it off yet, but I'll leave that up to DM and Spidey. It's not a real big deal, but another "first" none the less. I hope you all like it. Essentially, it streamlines the ease of assembly on a set in "kit" form, while maintaining the traditional "screen accurate" look and feel when assembled. It offers the best of both worlds. they're much harder to cast this way, but worth every extra minute it takes to do it IMO. You'll see ;)

Again, thanks for the kind words and comments! It really means a lot. these things took about a year and a half to get right :lol: I can't wait to see you guys work your paint magic on them !!! :cheers:cheers

Spidey - PM on it's way :)

FP

here are a few more pics of the attachment set up and the greeblies for the right gaunt

DSC_0001-4.jpg

DSC_0002-6.jpg

DSC_0003-6.jpg

DSC_0004-6.jpg

Fettpride,

I'm so impressed with these new versions you've made..

The detail work on the bottom sections especially. The recessed line work connecting the hex-details is usually overlooked.

These are clearly the definitive gauntlets for future collectors.

Beautiful job FP :)

Best,
Christian

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back