Female metal armor WIP.

Been working on the blade spring housing and mechanism for the right gaunt. It's about half way done, but the pic shows you pretty much how it's gonna work.

On the top and bottom of the housing, a guide trench will be cut. The blades are one of a kind laser cut stainless with 2 thin shafts coming out either side of the tang (back of the blade) that fit up through the guide trenches. These will be threaded and a small metal button will be screwed on. By pulling the button back and pushing it over into a nook or U cut, you'll be able to cock the blades back. Flicking the button will result in the blades releasing and springing forward.

The spring is very strong, so I'm glad she's a very fit girl or she may have probs with it. The blade itself will be serrated but not sharp and slightly rounded on the point so not to get to many eyes from the guards.

Image009.jpg

I have an aluminum shaft that that will fit perfectly over the spring to direct it's energy. I only need to cut about a 3/16 of an inch gap on each side of it to allow the blade cocking shafts to slide back.

Feel free to use this on your own armor if you wish. This female set is a prototype for many fun "innovations" I'm designing for mando armor.

The springs are out of 2 Daisy pellet pistols. Basically they are the charging springs. Probably way to much force behind these for plastic to hold'em. I'd go with a weaker spring if you want to copy with sintra.

Right gaunt near completion. Just need to do some finish-off painting with the housing, hinge, and flash suppressor. Add some soft leather to the inside to keep it from cutting her arm, and install the high-intensity blinker circuitry for the blaster.

DSCF0704.jpg

DSCF0705.jpg

DSCF0706.jpg

DSCF0707.jpg

And a pic of the second set I was working on at the same time for my girlfriend. She's the Twi'lek, the other girl is Hydra. =)

2813756506_2452fa5b9c.jpg

I was sworn to secrecy on her armor, and unlike what I made for Colleen which was aluminum, this armor was all steel minus the gauntlets which were double layered aluminum.

Thanks! I need to trim her gut plate up a little as it seems a touch to big. When you think that I basically didn't have either one of these girls on hand to constantly fit the armor to them...it fit perfectly. The steel chest plates were origionally dished by Jax, and I took and redid them in a few areas before planishing (smoothing the dents) them down nice and smooth.

For the collar armor, I took a normal Fett collar and lowered the forward dive of the metal to almost an inch at the point. This way she actually had more mobility in the front and neck. The shin and thigh armor are basically the same patterns I used on Colika's armor but lengthened since Xian is almost 4 inches taller.

She doesn't have a back plate yet, but the same pattern I used on Colika's will also fit her perfectly.

I am debating on making some female and male steel sets over the next few months for purchase. Basically depends on how much time I have between work, cons, and my own new set of armor.

Wow, that's cool! I like the idea of a Twi'lek Mando, it's something quite different. I remember Hydra (pretty sure it was Hydra) doing a bunch of custom designs, including a Twi'lek Mando - was that based on her design? Darn cool either way.

Have you guys thought of designing a Mando bucket that would somehow fit a Twi'lek? I think that would be a funky addition. (y)

ANOTHER set for yourself Novall ? Wowza.. going to still use the Mandalore helmet or are you going to try and do a metal helmet ?

Actually getting ready to work on a bucket for her that will fit a twi'lek. Thinking on using segmented armor to run down her lekku that attach to the helmet. Think of a snake's belly and how the scales sit.

I would love me some metal armour! :(

Would it be bulletproof? :D

LOL no, but it will be 18-20 guage forged steel (which means I hand dish it, then throw it in the forge for tempering). That'll make it knife, sword, and ax proof. =)

These sets won't be cheap though, probably ranging in at least $2-4k per set because of the man hours and detail I put into it. Depending on the set, I do all my own leather work to (bolo girths, holster rigs, battle belts/bandoleers).

I'm also highly selective on who I would sell to, because I don't think the need for money outweighs the need for someone who really respects the armor and will take care of it for years to come.

Rokeim, yes I will be going all metal with my final set of personal armor. Metal helmet and metal jet pack with some very very cool surprises inside for the mando fans out there.

Novall, you are one of the few people on this board that never ceases to impress me. A truly skilled individual and worker who never runs out of great ideas.

Actually getting ready to work on a bucket for her that will fit a twi'lek. Thinking on using segmented armor to run down her lekku that attach to the helmet. Think of a snake's belly and how the scales sit.

That sounds a bit like that Twi'lek from that computer game (what's it called) who has one metal head-tail, except hers is supposed to be a cyborg implant. It would look pretty cool, but sounds like it could be a bit of a pain in the neck to pull off. A couple of ideas that popped into my head was one where the mando helmet effectively had two (rather large) slots in the back to accomodate the lekku. Another thought was to have a full helmet that covered the upper part of the lekku, so it would basically have two large 'bell'-shapes at the back, but that could have a high possibility of turning out lame. :facepalm

But I think your idea sounds better. (y)

LOL no, but it will be 18-20 guage forged steel (which means I hand dish it, then throw it in the forge for tempering). That'll make it knife, sword, and ax proof. =)

Axe proof. Cool! :D

These sets won't be cheap though, probably ranging in at least $2-4k per set because of the man hours and detail I put into it. Depending on the set, I do all my own leather work to (bolo girths, holster rigs, battle belts/bandoleers).

I'm also highly selective on who I would sell to, because I don't think the need for money outweighs the need for someone who really respects the armor and will take care of it for years to come.

Rokeim, yes I will be going all metal with my final set of personal armor. Metal helmet and metal jet pack with some very very cool surprises inside for the mando fans out there.

Personally, I don't know how you could top your current armour. As groovy as many other mando suits are, yours to me is the the most impressive. It just screams "Me BOSS!" whenever I see it. :lol: Something I think Mandalore himself would be happy to wear to battle. :cheers

So if you think that your new ideas can top that one, then I can't wait to see it. 8)

Thanks for the compliments guys. The girls really enjoyed wearing it, and I enjoyed dressing them. ;P

As to the surprises, I'm working on the control circuity in my spare time. Should be pretty sweet when it's all done up.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back