Female metal armor WIP.

The leather pauldrons are part of Vhonte's armor, and I liked the idea of using leather so much that I ran with it. It's not very practical to make those out of metal, because you restrict the heck out of movement if you do. I'm probably going to be using earth magnets to hold them in place and make them easily removable. This suit is designed to be put on and taken off fairly easily.

Update!

Haven't updated this thread here yet, but the metal portions of the armor are almost done.

DSCF0563.jpg

DSCF0564.jpg

DSCF0565.jpg

DSCF0575.jpg

Gauntlets are on the table to do next!

Thanks man, been pretty much non-stop for the last month. I look at what I have to do for the gauntlets, and I'm excited and terrified at the same time LOL!

So far, my ideas for gaunt accessories are as follows:

Spring-loaded blades on the lower gaunt enclosuer (dull of course).
Working LCD readout display on the left gaunt
short range blaster on each gaunt
maybe a pull-out lanyard launcher on one or both (depends on if my hands hate me or not)

I pretty much make it as I think it up. =)

Dang those are some nice knee plates.

The best thing about them is that she can actually kneel down on'em without having to worry about snapage.

The launchers I hand milled with my drill press (It's first use!) and the spike are 2.5 inches long. The knees themselves are fairly heavy...so they'll feel real.

You should give us some WIP picts of the knee build if you have them. This might be a way of makeing knees that I might try. I am always afraid that they are just going to snap on me if I do plastic ones.

Very nice suit there!
I'm no custom mando but that rocks! very nice work... (y)

Thanks man, all the good words are appreciated. The gauntlets are really gonna be the challenge. I gotta finish my own metal set before I can work on those, mines due in May...so I gotta get humping on it.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back