Umm..wat? V Fedex

Bah! Its still in pompano beach. It rescheduled delivery for next monday. I might as well pick it up since I just got into Ft lauderdale now!

Anyways, I was lucky enough that I was able to get my other package from UPS, however, I had to track down the truck personally, and ended up getting my MR Westar's on the corner of a walmart and Lincoln/mercury dealership...

At least I have these two shiny blasters to play with lol

It has something to do with where the main hubs are. I know in my job we have a warehouse in Calfornia and when we send stuff via UPS to California it goes out of Cali into another state to a sorting center and hub before it comes back and delivers in Cali again.

It has something to do with where the main hubs are. I know in my job we have a warehouse in Calfornia and when we send stuff via UPS to California it goes out of Cali into another state to a sorting center and hub before it comes back and delivers in Cali again.
I guess that happens? Oh well, I just checked it again, its moving north now, its back in orlando...

The postal system is so much better than curriers. I don't know why people choose curriers. They cost more, they have more delivery problems, they have ten times the paperwork, and when you send something over the border... well, be prepared to spend an extra arm and/or leg on "hidden charges". I NEVER use UPS or any such service if I can help it. People rag on the postal system, but I have had very little problem with them.

The postal system is so much better than curriers. I don't know why people choose curriers. They cost more, they have more delivery problems, they have ten times the paperwork, and when you send something over the border... well, be prepared to spend an extra arm and/or leg on "hidden charges". I NEVER use UPS or any such service if I can help it. People rag on the postal system, but I have had very little problem with them.

Yea, I agree with you. When I ship an item, I ALWAYS use USPS. It just so happened that Hobbycast uses FedEx, which I had no other choice

I'm not calling you a liar or anything. Problems can happen with any service but I have never had a problem with UPS or FedEx (not to say that they don't happen as we are all discussing in this thread) but the Postal System has lost three separate packages that I have either shipped or had shipped to me this year alone. I will never us the Post Office for anything other than regular letters ever again. At least with UPS and FedEx you get a tracking number at no extra charge and can tell where the last place it was. And you also get $100 of insurance I believe at no extra charge. The Post Office charges extra for insurance and their delivery confirmation only tells you if it was delivered or not and that usually doesn't even update until about a day after it has been delivered. Sorry for my rant on the Post Office, it's just that I have had very bad experiences with their service.

I've been having a small problem with USPS, as well......

A guy sent a pakcage out on wednesday from South Carolina to Illinois by Priority... by my math, it should've been here Friday...... It's still not here.

He sent another pakcage to a friend of mine about 10 miles away last saturday and he had it Monday....

I dunno.

Well, I didn't mean to get a fight started about which is better - postal or currier - but I was just sharing my own experiences. One of the problems I have (being in Canada) is when I order something from the US there are always extra border-related charges from UPS and similar business. I've never had that problem with the post. Also, I personally have never had anything lost in the mail between Canada and US... however - I did have one thing shipped to Australia get lost once. Considering the number of things I've sent and received in the mail, though, I'd say that's not a very high percentage. When I ship a package through the post there is $100 insurance included, and only a dollar or so more to insure it for more than that. They also come with a tracking number at no extra cost.

Again, I'm not trying to get anything started here, just expressing my own experiences. I think when things are sent via UPS within the US there's not likely to be hidden charges like we get up here when receiving stuff from below the border.

I also didn't mean to start an arguement about which service is better. I also didn't notice you were in Canada when I made my comment. I do agree that International shipping is probably easier/better which the postal system. But regardless those were just my opinions and I'm sure everyone has their own which are shaped by their personal experiences between each service. Also, each is bound to have their problems just by the sheer volume of packages shipped by each service daily they can't be 100% so whoever is used there is sooner or later bound to be a lost package at some point.

Once again I didn't mean to sound harsh with my first post. Cheers and hopefully no more lost packages for USPS, UPS, or FedEx.:cheers

hopefully no more lost packages for USPS, UPS, or FedEx.:cheers

What about DHL? :lol:

A lot of people rag on all 4 of those companies but I haven't had any issues with any of them. If I have something that I want to know where it is at all times I ship with fed ex, when I don't really care, or if I'm eating some of the shipping costs. I go with usps. I've never shipped with DHL but have recieved from them and they were right up there with fex ex. I rarely ever ship with ups because they're so freakin expensive for no reason, but from what has been shipped to me has arrived with no problems.

Alright. Im fed up with this. All day today, it was saying "in transit" after going back to orlando. I just now checked it. Guess where it is this time...Ellenwood, Georgia!

packageconfusion.jpg

We should start taking bets as to where it will end up next! Im going to call first thing in the moring...

-tubachris

I'm picturing the driver looking at a map while trying to pronounce "Tal-a-hass-ee?" and then saying, "Ne'er heard o' it. Oh, well, can't be that important. Think I'll take me a drive to Alaska."

Oh, by the way, I just received notice from the person in Australia I sent the "lost" parcel to. It arrived yesterday. I sent it about 3 months ago. So, I guess now I can say I've never lost anything in the mail. LOLOLOL

so..... did it get there?
I just had a neighbor check my front door, cause im out of town, he said he saw a package, but didnt specify. Im expecting to have 2 packages when I get back, one from FedEx and from Fettpride. The FP package should be small based on my order from him, plus, it was sent via usps, so I would assume that it would be sitting in my mail box. Oh well, this is over at least..

"weather delay"? Yeah, I guess the good weather down in Pompano Beach is what delayed things. LOL "Gonna get me some sun while I'm in Florida!!!"

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back