Soooo close to being finished.

suspect86

Active Hunter
I can almost taste it... ?

You know what I mean.:p

002.jpg

I'm aware that the stock, "D" bracket and pistol grip are all supposed to be black. I decided to take a few personal liberties with the build. I spent the time carving the stock when I could've just used the plastic one that came with my kit. It would've been a lot simpler to just paint that one black and I would have had the project finished a lot sooner. Months ago.
But I'm just a weirdo when it comes to stuff like that.

And hopefully I'll be picking up my machined aluminum "D" bracket in a matter of hours!!!!

Thanks for the comments everybody.

Because its supposed to be

i know the feeling of wanting to show it off... my ee3 has a beautiful hand carved walnut stock. it arrived beautifully finished and ready to be a proud part of a webley flare gun.

then i spray painted it black and glued stuff to it! the perils of costuming!

customization isn't for me, but it's your blaster, so whatever makes you happy!

Because its supposed to be

IMHO, it's supposed to be black IF you want to go 100% canon and/or want to be in the 501st. I think it looks great the way it is. :cheers

As an alternative to covering up all that work and hand carved craftsmanship with black paint, you could try a dark stain instead. Dark enough to pass from a casual distance, but light enough to show the grain upon closer inspection.

Whatever you do, do what you believe is best. It's your blood, sweat and tears plus you're the one who has to carry it. :lol:

GREAT WORK! :cheers

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back