Well-Known Hunter
Celebration Japan 2008 Photos!

Hunters!

I'm back! Photos are posted!

Stray safe,

Tim.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Hunters,

Just wanted to let you know that I'll be leaving for Japan tonight, and I hope I can see some of our fellow Hunters there. ;)

If anyone's going, buzz me on my cell, +65 96939625 and we can hook up. Anyhow, I'll be in Fettgear, for the Costume Panel event.

Catch ya there hunters!

Stay safe,

Tim.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Hunters,

I was just wondering if any of my brother Mandalorians here will be making the trip to CJ 08 in July? Specifically the 19th to the 21st.

Chances are high that i'll be flying down and well, I was hoping to put real faces to the names/handles of my fellow Fettheads. :)

Anyhow, LMK.

Stay safe,

Tim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, hadn't heard about this! I'll be in the Kyoto area for a couple weeks in July. Might have to schedule some more time and swing over to Tokyo for Celebration.

Damn!! The timing sucks, as I'm in Korea for 11 months of the year and yet back in the U.K. during July :( Would've been worth the flight out otherwise :)

Wow! This is the first I've heard of it. What convention company is putting it on?

It's Lucasfilm and the Lewis Daniel Group. :)

Here's the official posting...

Three-Day Event at Makuhari-Messe Convention Center Near Tokyo July 19 to 21 Will Be Filled with Entertainment, Celebrities, Exhibits, Immersive Events, Costumes and Much More
Celebrating the Japanese 30th anniversary of Star Wars, Lucasfilm Ltd. and The Lewis Daniel Group will present the first-ever Star Wars Celebration event in the Asia-Pacific region from July 19 to 21 at the Makuhari-Messe Convention Center near Tokyo.

Expected to be one of the largest events ever for fans of the Star Wars Saga, Star Wars Celebration Japan will begin a little more than 30 years after the movie premiered in Japan on June 24, 1978.

The three-day event will be filled with live entertainment, celebrities, special presentations, unique Star Wars exhibits, exclusive merchandise, pop-culture tributes, immersive events, costume contests, and many additional activities.

Star Wars Celebration Japan will take place from Saturday, July 19, through Monday, July 21, which is Ocean Day, a national holiday. Moreover, the three-day weekend marks the start of the summer school holiday for children throughout the country, making Star Wars Celebration Japan the perfect way for multiple generations of fans to enjoy this unprecedented experience together.

The Makuhari-Messe is a world-class, modern convention and exhibition center located conveniently in Chiba prefecture on the main rail line between downtown Tokyo and Narita Airport. There are several major hotels within a few minutes' walk of the center.

"Star Wars has enjoyed incredible popularity in Japan for three decades, and we are honored to show our appreciation to Japanese audiences on this milestone anniversary of the movie's opening there," said Steve Sansweet, Director of Content Management and Head of Fan Relations for Lucasfilm.

"Japanese audiences have been among the most enthusiastic and devoted Star Wars fans and we couldn't let this anniversary pass without thanking them. We are very pleased to add Celebration Japan to a growing worldwide lineup of Star Wars Celebration events."

In May 2007, Star Wars Celebration IV, attracted more than 35,000 fans from all over the world for a five-day event in Los Angeles; and Star Wars Celebration Europe, the first such event outside of the U.S., drew more than 30,000 people in London in July 2007, far exceeding the expectations of its organizers.

The announcement of Star Wars Celebration Japan was made jointly by Lucasfilm Ltd. and the Lewis Daniel Group, a Houston, Texas-based company with expertise and operating experience in media and entertainment businesses, and which will manage the event in cooperation with Lucasfilm.

"Japan is the ideal site for a Star Wars Celebration," Sansweet said, "since there are many Japanese influences in the Saga. Star Wars has roots in the culture and mythos of Japan, and we look forward to celebrating this unique connection during the event," he added, citing a similarity between the stoic Samurai and Jedi Knights of Star Wars as one example.

"LDG is thrilled to be working with Lucasfilm on this very special event," said Lewis Daniel Group (LDG) President Jeff Daniel and Chief Marketing Officer Michael Richman in a joint statement. "As life-long Star Wars fans, we take great pride in bringing the excitement of a Star Wars Celebration to Japan. Collectively, we have been working in the live entertainment business for more than 30 years, and we have never been more excited about producing an event."

One of the highlights for fans at Star Wars Celebrations is the chance to buy unique, event-specific merchandise. Star Wars Celebration Japan will be no exception, with many exciting exclusive items to be announced in the coming months. Likewise, a robust roster of incredible experiences, events and live entertainment will be announced soon.

In addition to official Star Wars licensees, booth space at Star Wars Celebration Japan will be available to independent collectibles dealers and retailers. Information about booth space rental will be made available shortly.

The official Star Wars website will be the primary source for updates about programming, guests, activities, entertainment, and exclusive merchandise at Celebration Japan.

Fans, and those interested in exhibiting and vending, will soon be able to register for updates at www.celebrationjapan.com or www.celebrationjapan.jp. Information about ordering tickets will be available soon, including special instructions for international fans. There also will be an opportunity to purchase travel packages, both within Japan and internationally. Please refer to www.starwars.com or www.celebrationjapan.com for more information to be released soon.

Stay safe,

Tim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Hunters!

Well, we're back! And despite the heat and travel time, I had a blast at CJ. I won't bore you with too much details, I'll just let the pictures do the talking. :)

The Japanese that attended the Con were fantastic, polite and very appreciative! And the kids were ADORABLE! Hell! They knew they ORIGINAL Trilogy characters!!!

Huge thanks go out to all the 501st Legion and non-affiliated members at the Con proper, who made the Con a real success and fun to boot. Personal thanks go out to Goro on the Hyperfirm EE-3 loaner and for creating the most awesome Dewback and RC R2D2! You rock!

Big kudos also to the Belgian Garrison on the sweet static photo op rides and displays [those guys worked wonders] and for running the displays 24/7...kinda. ;)

And last but not least, thanks to the 5 man team from Singapore that helped make this trip, one of the most fun I've had in ages! Gracias!

So without further adieu...let's rock!

CJ Day 1:
The first view you get after entering the Con Hall...and this was just the teaser area...
IMG_0622.jpg

This lovely girl knew who I was and thanked me for taking a pic with her!
IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

The Vader and Clone Costume Panel segment:
IMG_0657.jpg

One of the huge picture backdrops for the Con[Mustafar]:
IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

Dad and me:
IMG_0693.jpg

Fans of all ages!!!
IMG_0697.jpg

The Snowspeeder Photo Op:
IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

The Speeder Bike Photo Op:
IMG_0706.jpg

The Many faces/Helms of Vader:
IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

Static C3PO and R2 Photo Op:
IMG_0720.jpg

Falcon backdrop:
IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

Slave Girl Leia #2 [She was very shy!]:
IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

Crossover! Alien Warrior and Fett:
IMG_0733.jpg

Toy Booths!
IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

Promotion #1:
IMG_0740.jpg

Lord Vader and his Troopers:
IMG_0749.jpg

Padme and Fett:
IMG_0754.jpg

This guy was great! He hand builds his ships and adds leds to create a better look to the display!
IMG_0758.jpg

Reno and Craig in da house!
IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

Goro's awesome Dewback!
IMG_0767.jpg

Day 2 to follow...8)

Stay safe,

Tim.

CJ Day #2

Dad and me awaiting our turn on stage for the Bounty Hunter Panel segment:
IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

Other than one of the presenters dropping my JP, the Panel went well. The Japanese fans in attendance was appreciative of the detailing that went into the suits and expressed it sincerely after the talk. :)

More fans:
IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

Slave Leia #2 with me:
IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

Ah! The old Sandtrooper days...
IMG_0844.jpg

Promotion #2:
IMG_0851.jpg

The Jap Garrison Booth:
IMG_0867.jpg

The CJ Legion Photo Op w/ Steve Sansweet:
IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

Our very own:
IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

Lone Trooper:
IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

Clones!
IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

The ultimate costumer of Day #2!
IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

"You will not fail me again!"
IMG_0994.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1035.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

Day #3 in abit...

Stay safe,

Tim.

J Day #3:

In line to meet Boba Fett himself:
IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

Finally meeting the man himself and talking about the suits!
IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

Leaving the Con:
IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

Sharing the same shuttle to the Airport:
Young Boba [Daniel Logan]
IMG_1131.jpg

We've got pics with Ray Park as well but that's on another cam...will post it up ASAP! :cheers

Stay safe,

Tim.

Backup Cam pics...

Promotion #3:
DSC02124.jpg

Yet another adorable kid:
DSC02222.jpg

More pics from the con:
DSC02147.jpg

DSC02145.jpg

DSC02158.jpg

DSC02160.jpg

Group pic with Steve Sansweet:
DSC02181.jpg

Pic with Ray Park & Daniel Logan
DSC02300.jpg

Stay safe,

Tim.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back