Jango bucket needs fixing

SoulAssassin

Jr Hunter
Hello everyone I got a FP Jango helmet from Svoor from the cargo hold, lovely piece but it does need some fixing. Svoor said he purchased it as a bad pull so it has a bunch of pores and chips everywhere. Now my question is, do i use Bondo or spot putty to fill in the holes and chips and which one is easier to use as I'm not very skillful :facepalm . Also do I cut out the hole keyslot area and place a new one? Now I think I will have to use R&B cuz the cold cast finish will be ruined. Here are some pics of the imperfections it has:

jangob101-1.jpg

jangob1011.jpg

jangob1010.jpg

jangob107.jpg

jangob105.jpg

jangob102.jpg

jangob109.jpg

jangob108.jpg

Some advice would be awesome!!! (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
First I would recommend trimming out that visor area first, then you would need bondo to fill in all of the imperfections. Have you ever trimmed fiberglass or worked with bondo before?

i use the small sander attachment for those jobs. go in slow and take a little off at a time then sharpen it up with sandpaper.

i'll get in there as best i can then use a coarse sandpaper to do the rest and smooth it off with a high grit. maybe there is a better way, but thats how i've always done it.

Jordain beat me to it. i was thinking about it today, and i kind of like the dents on the ear pieces and stuff. it's like the paint chipped off on the stormtrooper helmets, just looks more real. But no doubt with all the advice given here you will get it looking 100% in no time.

Jeez. I DO have a regular job guys. Trolling, flaming, disrespect to other members, etc is not permissible under the CoC.
I am keeping my eye on this thread.
OSK

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back