Now for my Jango

I think it looks pretty good myself.Great job in such little time.And one important note, if you are young, you will grow into it more as you age, so just keep messing with it little by little and in time it will fit you like a glove.

Well, yesterday when I read that post, I did feel it was quite harsh. Do I know that it isn't the best out there yes. Did I spend $2500 on top notch parts varying from BKBT to Cruzer, yes. Did I not weather it, yes. Is everything on there 100% accurate, no. As I keep mentioning, all the parts at that point were sagging. But to say it isn't close to movie accurate...I am sure a lot disagree with that statement. Weathering doesn't make a costume completely accurate. But I realize that it doesn't look like the best out there. As far as the vest being too big, the only thing big on it is the shoulders, it fits me like a glove, I gave my measurements and it came to me the way it did(not saying the maker didn't do a great job). As far as it looking like a kid in a adult costume, I don't have a huge upper body. Not everyone is perfect to wear certain costumes, but people who are larger than a normal Fett or smaller than a normal Fett still do this costume. I do this because I love volunteering in costume, and in general wearing Star Wars costumes. I guess I am trying to say that, to put a lot of effort into the costume, and more or less reading your quote, made it sound like I wasted both my time and money. Which didn't feel good to say the least. I am not here to start an argument, I am here to justify my actions, and my thoughts because I feel proud of this costume, everyone around me thought it looked awesome. Are they Jango experts, no. But when people see this costume, they look at it, and recognize without even thinking it is Jango.

Saxter nice! (y) Quick question, how tall are you? Thanks for sharing!

I am 6'0" and if age makes a difference 24.

I do thank everyone for your kind comments, and for the constructive criticism, I will more than likely weather it because that seems to be the main issue. As well as adding some way to close up the legs at the boot a little better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just shrug it off bro.You look good in your awesome gear, and you enjoy wearing it.that is all that matters.And you are doing good things with your charity volunteering.That alone should take center stage.
Costumes are meant to be fun, so have fun.
I apologize for thinking you were a teen.It just seems like a lot of folks here are younger...at least , a lot younger than this old guy.lol
I get to celebrate my 40th in another short year.

When I looked at your pics Satxer, I was keeping in mind that you mentioned that you'd been actually running around in costume for several hours... so with that in mind I can plainly see that parts of your gear ( most of it in fact ) had shifted out of place.

So even with that in mind, I will say that your armor "looks" off/odd. But I can also see that the reason is because half of your gear is migrating towards your feet.

So throw your gear back on, and take some fresh pics with every thing in its proper place... then we can make a better/more accurate judgement. ;)

I'll hold any opinions and critiques until then.

Just shrug it off bro.You look good in your awesome gear, and you enjoy wearing it.that is all that matters.And you are doing good things with your charity volunteering.That alone should take center stage.
Costumes are meant to be fun, so have fun.
I apologize for thinking you were a teen.It just seems like a lot of folks here are younger...at least , a lot younger than this old guy.lol
I get to celebrate my 40th in another short year.

That's ok, I get that sometimes.

I will suit up again to take new pics, just is a matter of suiting up when I get a free few minutes.

Actually no, it was a jumpsuit I bought back when I first was making my Boba(JCPenny.com I think), I figured the color would suffice for now til I bought a real good one. I had to naturally make the sleeves to be more accurate.

Oh, and while twirling one of the blasters I got from ya Revolver, I dropped it on the floor and the barrel came off the handle, thanks to the nails that were in it to keep it solid, I put it back in place and it held tight without gluing! Twirl the blaster the wrong way and it goes flying. I have it down pretty good now.

Oh yeah, I got so consumed in saying my first impressions out loud and defending that, that I forgot to mention the things I like about it. :)

Helmet looks great, the flightsuit is great in both color and overall look (perhaps slightly large in the legs, but no big deal), the blasters looks good, the holsters for the blasters looks good, seems to be high quality leather, the kneepads, cod piece and gauntlets looks good as well.

Things with room left for improvements in various degrees was mentioned in my first post, although perhaps not... phrased well. But I see nothing wrong with being a perfectionist!

I agree with you Drake that there's nothing wrong with perfectionism or with being brutally honest. I just feel that we should hold out until Satxer has a chance to post up some better pics.

Keeping with the topic of being brutally honest... there's nothing wrong with it, I just feel that if some one has negative feed back to give, then they could just as easily give a suggestion or two on how to improve/alter/adjust things to make them better/more accurate. So I critque... constructively. ;)

Satxer, I think most of the issues with your suit aren't issues because you took the pictures after laser tag and everything is understandably sagging. I would suggest dyeing your jumpsuit though and adding some grey acrylic to your vest to lighten it up. I would also suggest you add padding to the vest to fill it out more, to give it that accurate Jango side-profile.

Drake, while your criticisms are often on-point, I feel you haven't really earned the right to be as critical as you are. Most of your posts on this board appear to be criticisms of someone else's Jango. I don't believe in sugar-coating, but you haven't posted any work of your own yet. Are you just here to criticize or are you here to build your own costume?

Foxbatkllr: Actually, if you look through my posting history, you'd see that like 95% of my posts are praises, well wishes and alot of positive feedback, support and stuff like that. Thing is just that I speak my mind and often it's the first impressions that get most focus and attention. For both good and bad. But as I said before, there's nothing wrong with being a perfectionist. Regarding your last comment, I'm not here to criticize nor build, I'm here to have fun and be with people who share my love of the Fetts. (this is by far the best site) but when I see something I don't like about someones work, I will of course speak up, but I can try to say it in a nicer way in the future. That's the least I can do.

Ok, got a few pics taken. I noticed that the left shin was up a higher than it should be, and didn't notice til I got unsuited. Not to mention it is difficult to suit up on my own in this, with the girth belt in the back, and it wasn't easy getting the jet pack on either.

DSCI0305.jpg

DSCI0310.jpg

few tidbits here to straighten a couple things out, all of which I have done to correct some misalignments:
-Fasten your ammo belt to your girth belt with Chicago screws hidden by the pouches.
-Fasten the cod piece to the girth belt also and have the ends of the cod piece tucked under the girth belt most of the way.
-Vest still looks rather large on you. It’s got some pretty big wrinkles right above the girth belt and on the sides. But I am familiar with how that happens when trying to dress yourself, the same thing happens to me. Shoulders look large for your frame also and even all the armor on the chest looks big on you.

I know you mentioned you were 6’ tall, but for some reason, a lot of stuff still looks large or oversized to your frame IMO. I take it you are on the lean size probably. You’ve got all the right goods, it’s just a matter of tweaking them one at a time, to fit your frame. Good Luck!

I love it! I cant believe you put your jet pack on with no help, I cant even imagine. It would have taken me days with mine.

Well, I can't lie, it wasn't easy getting that jet pack on, especially when it mainly attaches inside at the bottom. That may have been why my vest did what it did, because I had to put the belts on first.

Wow thats good that the pistol didnt break apart on you when you dropped it. Ive dropped my other set quite a few times. ;) But yea listen to frank. And if you want you could actually use one of those halloween muscle costume tops(fantastic4, punisher) to bulk up your upper body and fill out that vest. Worked for me, iam 6' 2" 170 pounds and it added just enough to make my clone look right.

i agree with ocelot and steelblitz. I think a lot of the problem is the vest. otherwise i think it looks great. nice bucket p.s.

you got some great parts on there brotha, pretty soon it will be top notch.

I hear you about the jet pack, I don't know if I can clip mine own by myself, but I don't think I want to try, I know what might happen.

That muscle suit just might help you out some, good idea there. I'm the opposite, I need an anit-muscle suit to thin me out. :lol:

Saxter, Thanks for the reply.

As for the muscle suit, it's a good idea but the I would suggest some foam padding on the vest itself. Takes off the step needed to wear a musclesuit, and then the jumpsuit and then vest. Cuts it down to 2 layers, instead of the 3. :)

Still overall, a nice setup bro, padding aside, if you're still growing, no worries. But if you've hit your mark, then I would suggest taking the flightsuit to the tailor and having it tighten down alittle more. It'll take off some of the 'crumples' and excess cloth bunches when strapped.

IMHO, a perfect fitting jumpsuit would make a world of a difference in the overall look. :)

Anyhow, in a nutshell, nice work on the suit! Thanks for sharing!

Stay safe,

Tim.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back