Since Everybody's Doing It (Rookie)

Glitch

New Hunter
Howdy all. My name's Bobby ..and I'm from the very northern and very snowy (this year, at least) state of Maine. I dunno if anybody here is from the Maine or even New England area ..but I'm perfectly happy being the first if not. Anyway, I've been bouncing around and looking at threads for a few days and I have to say you all have some amazing talents. I'm eventually going to be attempting to construct my own custom Mando helmet and perhaps a blaster or two ..and if I enjoy the process, maybe a full costume.

As of now, however, I'm still running through some preliminary sketches and trying to come up with a style that suits me, though I think I might have nailed my last sketch just about perfectly. I considered buying a helmet kit, figuring it'd be more likely to stay together, but I just can't swing the price for one right now.. so I've been mostly studying the scratch build threads ..and wow, again, amazing work all of you who've done it. I just don't know if I can even get a paper bucket made from the awesome templates available..

I mostly just wanted to say hi, as I've been dropping my two cents in various threads without any real introduction.

Welcome, Bobby (even though you are getting all the snow that could be falling in Maryland this year--what a cruddy winter). I'm curious to see how you find the making of the helmet, as I've had about four different kinds (from sculpting a helmet to making one from an actual bucket) for about a year now. Friendly warning: it's easy to let your dreams get ahead of you. I've got almost ten designs cooking in my head and I keep having to tell myself, "Finish the stinkin' helmet first!" Good to have you.

Hi, Bobby. Welcome to the monkey house. :)
I've been to Maine a couple of times to visit friends. I've been to Portland, Lewiston-Auburn, Orono, and a couple of little tiny towns called Rumford and Peru!
Pretty country up there, Ayuh! :lol:

I spend lots of time in Portland and Orono myself, actually. Not so much in Lewiston or Auburn, but I have some friends there as well. Rumford, I've only been through, myself. As for Peru, I've yet to be there. Maine's good for popular names.. We have our own Detroit, and even a Paris and a China. I live along the coast.. about an hour and a half northeast of Portland, following all traffic laws. My hometown was the home of the original 5-masted schooner, the Governor Ames and is still the location for the Moody's Diner indigestion destination. Guy. :D

..okay, I'm done now. That's about it.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back