Secret Service Badge

fettfan54

Jr Hunter
Does anyone have one or would be willing to make one.
Secret%20Service%20badge%20DHS%20(YD).jpg

I need this for a costume prank Im doing:lol:. Any help would be GREAT.

Thanks
~Luke

i think that it's a little bit less than legal to copy stuff like that. i'm not 100%, but i thought that reproducing a real badge was bad. unless that's a movie thing that i'm missing.

Yea I am positive that is aganist the law. I am not a lawyer but I am sure this goes into the "impersonating an officer of a law" law.

Can't you get one of the 'legal' ones from a costume store? Same basic shape but maybe alittle smaller and reworded with some crazy special 007 agent tag? Probably comes with a standard issue sidearm and cuffs. :lol:

Its not like im going to use it illegally*hides secret plans*. I just need to make it so I can trick my friend into believing what he has done has alerted the secret service.

It's Illegal to Copy Any Federal Badge. Even if it just looks close to the real one. You can get smaller onees not full size.

Augie

It's illegal to impersonate law enforcement, and I suspect that law reach as far as badge, since it does cover uniforms and equipment as far as I know.

In case anybody wants it in official writing;

"TITLE 18, PART 1, CHAPTER 33, Sec. 701. - Official badges, identification cards, other insignia

Whoever manufactures, sells, or possesses any badge, identification card, or other insignia, of the design prescribed by the head of any department or agency of the United States for use by any officer or employee thereof, or any colorable imitation thereof, or photographs, prints, or in any other manner makes or executes any engraving, photograph, print, or impression in the likeness of any such badge, identification card, or other insignia, or any colorable imitation thereof, except as authorized under regulations made pursuant to law, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both

TITLE 18, PART 1, CHAPTER 33, Sec. 716. - Police badges

(a) Whoever -

(1) knowingly transfers, transports, or receives, in interstate or foreign commerce, a counterfeit police badge;

(2) knowingly transfers, in interstate or foreign commerce, a genuine police badge to an individual, knowing that such individual is not authorized to possess it under the law of the place in which the badge is the official badge of the police;

(3) knowingly receives a genuine police badge in a transfer prohibited by paragraph (2); or

(4) being a person not authorized to possess a genuine police badge under the law of the place in which the badge is the official badge of the police, knowingly transports that badge in interstate or foreign commerce, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both.

(b) It is a defense to a prosecution under this section that the badge is used or is intended to be used exclusively -

(1) as a memento, or in a collection or exhibit;

(2) for decorative purposes;

(3) for a dramatic presentation, such as a theatrical, film, or television production; or

(4) for any other recreational purpose.

(c) As used in this section -

(1) the term ''genuine police badge'' means an official badge issued by public authority to identify an individual as a law enforcement officer having police powers; and

(2) the term ''counterfeit police badge'' means an item that so resembles a police badge that it would deceive an ordinary individual into believing it was a genuine police badge"

..and if that's just the police, I'm sure the Secret Service isn't going to be any more forgiving. Even so, I'm not sure convincing your buddy he's in trouble is considered a defense by the "recreational" clauses listed.

So wer'e preety much gonna all be charged with consipracy for the above image?:eek:

Well, given today's political climate coupled with the global ramifications of internal terrorists organizations, a heightened state of readiness of armed forces through the world, searching algoriams of the US intelligence service and the general concern shown by the government for care and welfare of its citizens...

yeah, we're all gonna be arrested. :lol:

Charlie

Last edited by a moderator:
*Shows Military I.D.* It's okay! I'm with the Government!

...yeah, even though it's been dug into the ground, that's illegal. Just like it's illegal to wear a 100% accurate Military uniform (especially Officer) unless you are serving, retired, ect. That's why you see so many deficiencies on uniforms in Holly Wood, same with Law Enforcement/Government Agencies.

-Cit

If I am not mistaken, impersinating an officer is a Federal Offense. So it will more than likely be worse than just a broken law.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back