Totally off topic... Friday the 13th!

stormtrooperguy

Sr Hunter
I just finished up a new Jason hockey mask.

jason.jpg

Paint job was a quickie... only about a couple of hours.

The base what flat white spraypaint mixed with rustoleum "summer squash". The detailing was airbrushed: Createx translucent sand, medium brown and black.

I did a few layers of that same routine, lightly scuffing it up with some 220 grit sandpaper in between.

The final bit of weathering was graphite dust from a pencil. I shaved a carpenter's pencil with a razor and rubbed it in to various spots on the mask.

All that's left is adding the straps and some padding to the inside.

Now I'm starting to feel this awful urge to make one for each movie!

I know there are a couple of other slasher fans 'round here! Feel free to chime in with your own creepy stuff.

Awesome paintjob so far, Brian. I am a fan of the Friday the 13th movies as well, specially part 7 (where Jason looks the GORIEST, and more "zombiest").

Which version are you doing? Looks like one of the earlier versions, like part 2 or "early-in-the-movie" movie part 3.

Looking good Brian! Very nice. Go ahead and make one from each of the rest of the movies whats the harm...

Depends on if I can find more of these $12 mask blanks! I don't know that I'd want to buy 8 $30 ones.

Then there's the awkward thing about Jason X and the chromey one. Dunno how I'd do that!

Awesome paintjob so far, Brian. I am a fan of the Friday the 13th movies as well, specially part 7 (where Jason looks the GORIEST, and more "zombiest").

Which version are you doing? Looks like one of the earlier versions, like part 2 or "early-in-the-movie" movie part 3.

It's from early on in vs, before he starts rumbling with Freddy. For whatever reason, vs. is my favorite Jason.

I'm the opposite - I'm not into the gorey zombie ones, but I do like him being a little off from human. I think in vs. he was just the right mix.

I've heard that many times before. I'm still always stunned at how great it turns out and how fast you can do that. Nice work!(y)

I just get caught up in things, and it all just starts to work.

It's nice when you don't have to get SUPER accurate with details. The mask changes throughout the movie, so I just went with the right sort of feel. I wanted that "I've drowned, been burned, and been buried in this thing!" kinda feel :)

I am a big fan of the VS. look as well (it's the version of the costume I did afterall" but I really love the part 6 look as well. It's the first apperance of zombie Jason and I just love that.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back