I think someone is using my email. advice?

InfraFett

Active Hunter
Hey, everyone. I got on YIM to find out that apparently, I got a registration notice from classmates.com. I actually joined classmates.com a few years ago, and with an old email. The email registration I got tonight said, "thanks for registering, Michelle. etc etc." I'm a guy, and I'm most certainly not named Michelle. Has someone stole my email and is impersonating me? A friend told me to wait and see if I get any other emails like this. I recently changed my password, so that might have been hacked? and how can I report this? :facepalm

Thanks again.

Just a thought, but maybe you should follow the activation link to whatever site was joined and find a way to cancel the account they started under your e-mail.

I took care of it, or at least I think so. I used the password, logged in, cancelled the account, changed my password again, and it should be ok. CM seems to be nonsecure now. Thanks! :cheers

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back