And so it begins...pics to come.

Cailieg

Hunter
Today we begin work on our scratchbuilt armor. Went out and spent about $500 on supplies. Sintra, Fiberglass Resin, Fiberglass Cloth etc ad nauseum. We plan to make our base 3mm sintra, then Fiberglass it. We should get through our chests today, nausea withstanding (never done FG before and even with a breather I imagine it will get to me). Wish me luck, as always I am a firm believer of if you are going to jump, jump deep. So no just sintra for us ^_~ This will give me some more costuming experience and will be our variant armors, I will still be buying FP for my Fett.

Pictures to come. Have to go get a mem chip and cord for my digital.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck with the costume. Make sure to get pics out, because it's always cool to see one being made.

Anything worth doing is worth doing right, we are hooked, we both have two customs (I have a EU "custom" I want to make. And I want to do Clone trooper.

So yea, we have ages of work ahead of us, glad I enjoy the smell of bondo, and I hope of Fiberglass too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please dont tell me you forgot to add the hardener to the bondo....

You are supposed to add the hardener paste to the bondo. It will never dry unless you use your heat gun, but that might deform your armor pieces.

They are looking nice though!

mmmmfiberglass... mmm bondo.. mmm heat gun. set it to low the next time you use it on something that thin though. you wont get all the wavys. and make sure your arms are away from the gun after you set it down. i had a crecent shaped burn for over a month cuz i accidentally leaned on it.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back