CHARLIE's DONE!! (for now) *PIC HEAVY*

I think you'll find the new weathering will make a world of difference in the appearance. I'm glad you decided to go back and re-do. That's a major step.

Dude! That looks much better. Also, when it comes to the yellow damage, less is more.

Also, have you seen the Master Replica prints? One of the prints features Boba with green gauntlets with the ROTJ style flamethrower just like yours.

You know, I'm glad I named this thread done. The irony makes me smile as I repaint the armor. *grin* Here are some photos of the chest armor reweathered on my mannequin, as well as a comparison shot. I still need to work on the collar and the cod piece, but that will have to wait til tomorrow. (And I really hope the temperature rises tomorrow, or I might get that pushed back further).

104_1532.jpg

104_1531.jpg

104_1530.jpg

Here's a comparison shot, relatively close up, of the old paint scheme.

boba_head2.gif

Charlie

is that "glossy" paint you used on your Gauntlets? if it is, you may want to dull the paint down a notch. try a flat Panzer or Olive green. (y)

is that "glossy" paint you used on your Gauntlets? if it is, you may want to dull the paint down a notch. try a flat Panzer or Olive green. (y)

It's not a glossy paint. I think that those pictures were before I dulled down the clearcoat and since the lighting was bad, the flash was reflecting a lot. I'll double check those in better lighting and see if I need to dull them down some more. Thanks for the heads up!

Speaking of better lighting, here is the armor, all finished on my manq outside.

104_1534.jpg

104_1533.jpg

Charlie

Aren't you much happier with that result? I know I certainly would be. Great job!

I am indeed. I didn't realize just how bad it looked before :) Of course...now I'm thinking I might have to redo the helmet. But that is my first Boba helmet, and very sentimental. So I'll probably just get a full kit from BM and paint that. :)

Charlie

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back