JB Project/ Screen version vs. AOSW or nonscreen version.

JB's Boba Suit: ESB (as seen onscreen) vs. AOSW

• ESB

Votes: 54 70.1%
  • AOSW

Votes: 23 29.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spideyfett

Well-Known Hunter
:)Hi all,

Since there has been some debate on some of the other JB Project threads about weather or not we should do "PURE ESB" (screen version) or "Interpreted Version" or ASOW version....I thought it would be best to start a thread to open it up to all members to voice their opionions...as there is still time to change a few things...relatively speaking of coarse.;)

NOTE: The main reason for this thread is to defer the debate portion of the Items being made or painted on those threads. Mainly because those threads (with the help of the adminstration) will be compiled and indexed in book format to be given to Jeremy. So he can see for himself the hard work done by ALL our members involved.

SO, if there are thoughts or concerns about the direction of the VERSION we are doing....here is your chance to voice them... NO ARGUING PLEASE.(y)..be nice.

First up...the Helmet....What version would everyone prefer.?? PURE ESB or AOSW?? (YES, it is now up for a real vote....and the majority will win...and I will make and correct changes on the helmet.)

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex, we have talked. You are in contact with JB on a weekly basis. I also know he is checking the threads. If he likes what you are doing, keep doing it(y) Now, because I happen to be putting an SE Fett together, naturally I would love to see some AOSW traits. I would maybe not do the crack/repair, and probably not the blue marker. The black marks I am kind of on the fence on:facepalm

I agree totally, and I firmly believe it should rest with whomever is painting each particular item, Alex you do great work please continue as you are, if in the end you decide to offer it up to a vote then I will come back and vote accordingly, but please don't let anything deter you. (y)

I genererly like things more beaut up and weathered. So I go with the AOSW.

Not unless the movies come out in Blu-ray soon in which we could expect the helmet closy, then there's no reason for thet movie look.

I think the main population only see a really cool Boba on screen that's been in to many fights as his armor shows.

MY02

I agree totally, and I firmly believe it should rest with whomever is painting each particular item, Alex you do great work please continue as you are, if in the end you decide to offer it up to a vote then I will come back and vote accordingly, but please don't let anything deter you. (y)

thanks Guys... I really mean it though...I want what everyone wants.
Opions please...(y)

I think there is a way to set this thread up for a Vote...does anyone know how to do that.??

No matter what Alex, the helmet and suit will be fantastic. (y)

My personal opinion is to paint it as close to screen ESB as possible. The only reasons are 1. That would be what the suit looked like when Mr. Bulloch wore it in ESB, and 2. because ESB on screen was the first time I ever saw the Boba Fett suit, which was before many of the "mis-handling" damage existed.

Call me sentimental. :lol:

Again, you'll do an outstanding job no matter what is chosen! (y)

NOTE: The main reason for this thread is to defer the debate portion of the Items being made or painted on those threads. Mainly because those threads (with the help of the adminstration) will be compiled and indexed in book format to be given to Jeremy. So he can see for himself the hard work done by ALL our members involved.

Thats cool!!!!!

Edit: After reading the other helmet thread, I gotta change my view & go with AOSW. You guys have put so much work into this, and JB will probably be super excited about either version (if he even notices). Since you have already started with AOSW, I say stick to that. Just my 2 cents.

D

I say you all have put in so much time and effort. Keep working like you are working.

To be honest this a gift that is coming from the heart of TDH. Every artist that is involved is exactly that an artist.

Personally Alex its up to you man. You are the one investing the time and the resources. I think you need to decide.

The helmet is super hot already bro!

I love watching the progress on all the parts so far. I understand that everybody who's directly involved with the painting or fabrication of parts has emotional investment and personal preference regarding how things should be done. I'm glad that this thread exists as a separate discussion.

While I absolutely prefer the AoSW helmet appearance over the screen used condition, my vote here would be to do a strictly faithful rendition of the ESB version. I'd like to see the entire costume replicate the condition it was in when it originally left the prop department, and when JB first tried it on, not after it's been handled by a million people, and without much, if any, artistic license.

That said, I don't have a strong opinion about it, since all of the craftsmanship has been so great so far. The net effect of the project is that it will seem enough like it's been in a time capsule that a couple of extra scratches probably won't matter.

I just don't understand this Alex. It's like my input was a waste of time. I spent time out of my day to explain in great detail to the member that started all this, that there is no such thing as "Pure ESB" or any other version for that matter, people agree, yourself included, seemingly gets settled, then you start a new thread about opening it up for more debate? :lol:

Not wasting my time anymore. In case anyone overlooked it because they saw 'ol FP being a long winded blow hard again, my opinion in the matter is ...

HERE

There is no "Pure ESB", there can be no "Faithfull Representation" of ESB.
All of this over one or two scratches ? And "one member" who tried rattling the cage ? Wow. This is exactly what he wanted.

:lol:

FP

I think the AOSW exhibit helmet is by far the more interesting in terms of additional damage compiled over the years, more challenging to paint and in my opinion looks right on top of the exhibit suit which is also battered to a degree. However, would that helmet look out of place on the rest of the ESB screen accurate suit which hasn't gone through that process? The helmet is a component of the suit and should reflect the condition of the entire costume to work at its best...:)

For the helmet I like the AOSW version MINUS the blue marker and helmet crack;). Reason being is all of the reference I've stared at over the years when painting my own bucket. The crack isn't my cup of tea and the blue marker, .....well it's just ugly.

Bottom line is the ESB costume lacks so much high-res. reference that artists interpretation has to be taken into consideration. I do think you guys have pulled together one of the finest ESB costumes I've ever seen and the helmet paintjob is just nuts:eek:(y):eek:

.02 ...Steve(y)

For the helmet I like the AOSW version MINUS the blue marker and helmet crack;). Reason being is all of the reference I've stared at over the years when painting my own bucket. The crack isn't my cup of tea and the blue marker, .....well it's just ugly.

Bottom line is the ESB costume lacks so much high-res. reference that artists interpretation has to be taken into consideration. I do think you guys have pulled together one of the finest ESB costumes I've ever seen and the helmet paintjob is just nuts:eek:(y):eek:

.02 ...Steve(y)

Thanks Steve.. good points.....I think so far AOSW is winning.:lol:

Oh I forgot the say what I wanted..............AOSW baby!!(y) (minus the crack and blue marker ;))

Oh I forgot the say what I wanted..............AOSW baby!!(y) (minus the crack and blue marker ;))

Alex... then your the painter? paint it as you want...
I have to agree with Chris on his point about opening it up for debate? One persons comments... But another persons artwork on top of JB's head!!! ;)

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back