Show me your ESB Sidearms

HeadlessHunter

Well-Known Hunter
As the title says I wanna see em, I'm just about to paint my MLC pistol and holster and want to see what you other guys and girls have done with your blasters colour wise, does the holster even get painted? Let me know (y)

Heres mine so far, let me know (y) or (n)

Image001.jpg

Image016.jpg

yeh its an MLC just used Tamiya Dull Red as the base coat and Tamiya Titanium Silver for the barrel and a few scratches here and there after a black acrylic wash, will probably add a bit more weathering though

I think that if you put Rub & Buff on the barrel, It will be incredible. You can try (y) And, IMO, nothing more to do ;)

Cheers

yeah its an MLC just used Tamiya Dull Red as the base coat and Tamiya Titanium Silver for the barrel and a few scratches here and there after a black acrylic wash, will probably add a bit more weathering though

It's purely up to you Joe... It looks really good and would be up to interpretation as there is practically no ref material for this blaster?

Maybe a little grim around the hilt as this would be from manhandling it? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish i know how the Marmit folks thought this blaster looked that way it looks.

Maybe they were giving shots we have never seen before.

We need to infeltrate the archives photos.

:facepalm

Here are some pics of mine....same kit, but I just added some greeblies to dress it up a bit and special ordered one of Bradley Fetts' aluminum barrels. I really like it with the aluminum barrel added.

img_04832.gif

img_04812.gif

img_04802.gif

IMG_04772.gif

Nice greeblies! I'm typically of the "it's screen accurate or it's ****" mindset. But this was very simply and tastefully done. It adds alot to the gun without making it cluttered. Kudos.

DB.. Is this artistic flare? or would you have any screen grabs of such details....

OR have you simply sneeked into the props archive and stolen the original... JK :lol:

Thanks for the kudos guys:eek: ....I finished it once, but once I secured an aluminum barrel I completely re-finished, re-painted and added greeblies. I assure you it is artistic liberties being utilized as I haven't seen any photos that you guys haven't8).

From the squared butt of the Marmit handgrip matching the original production shot of the rear of the ESB Fett...the famous Jet Pack shot.....I do think that the Marmit's design is no coincidence....somebody somewhere knows about it.

I still hold vigil though, that more, ....much more ESB reference will be available....someday:facepalm.

Steve

Oh wow! Well that is a great addition with those greeblies!! I'd have to dig mine out. JB did some paint on the holster and the gun. We went a tad darker with the gun I think and tad duller on the barrel. As I am going pretty weathered with my ESB.

Added a bit more weathering to mine, give it a more beat up look, also pictured is the holster, sprayed flat black, I'll add some scuffs to that at a later date, now I need to figure how to fix it to the belt, I'm also adding the leather strap seen in the ref photos that goes over the gun to hold it in place

Image018.jpg

Image019.jpg

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back