High End Licensed SW Armor / Costumes Coming Soon

jodo

Well-Known Hunter
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/You_Say_You_Want_Great_Licensed_Star_Wars_Costumes_112648.asp

"New Agreements Begin This Month for Collectible Replica Clothing and Armor

Fans and collectors will find new lines of collectibles from Museum Replicas and their new licensing division Windlass Studios in 2008; it was announced today by Museum Replicas. Lucas Licensing’s STAR WARS replica clothing and armor licensee will assume the design and production of the high-end, collectible ensembles and full sets of the iconic armor including stormtrooper and bounty hunter armor.

Museum Replica’s line will debut in the spring and continues the remarkable popularity of high-end collectibles for discerning STAR WARS enthusiasts. The line will feature replica clothing and armor of such unforgettable characters as Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Maul, Padmé Amidala, Anakin Skywalker, Boba Fett, Han Solo and Princess Leia.

Newly formed Windlass Studios will develop, manufacture and distribute collectible, limited-edition replicas of full-sized and wearable ensembles. They expect the first ensembles to be available for pre-order in the spring while the armor is set to be unveiled for the first time at San Diego Comic-Con International in July.

The STAR WARS clothing and armor collection can be seen in person at the Museum Replicas/Windlass Studios exhibitor booths at the International Costume Show Las Vegas, San Diego Comic-Con International & Atlanta Dragon*Con 2008"

----------------------------------------

I'll hafe to see it before I beleive it. :p

ahh this is gonna be terrible. Unless they have access to real deal stuff, this will go down just the like the rubies stuff or worst.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, they WILL be working directly with archivists, using archive reference, both digital 3d (scans) as well as real 3D models for reference.

They WILL offer FULL Armor and costumes. For girls and guys. Collector/Archive quality, from troopers, to the Fett family. And they have the license for EVERY character in the SW Universe. A total of 8 licenses (each with an umbrella that covers everything encompassing each character)

This will be HUGE. It will change the face of the costuming community as an entire entity.

FP

If a retail source like Rubies is all that's left ... the 501st will have no choice but to admit them - no matter how inaccurate the stuff turns out :lol: Hm?

FP

I don't think (and hope) that it will come to that. I think these guys always say stuff like that but when it comes down to it they're not THE fans. They're not the ones who obsess over it and scrutinize every detail. They're going to miss things. Big things, small things, they're going to miss lots. I think these will probably look semi-passable, but nothing compared to what someone like you does.

Of course, we could all be pwned.

It's bitter sweet really. I mean, my own new sculpts have caused be hundreds of hours and nearly 2 years of eye strain to remaster !!! if they produce a set of accurate gauntlets .. not only will I be all over it, I'm going to dance like a ballerina !!!

FP

Windlass Steelcrafts make some pretty decent swords, and their old world armor isn't bad (a little pricey though). I'll reserve judgment till I see the products.

It's an understandable reaction for sure. I'll admit it makes me a little nervous about it too. For those that troop in the 501st I can see it easily taking away some of the "specialness" if everybody has an off-the-shelf boba or stormie or whatever. Now, if they want to do a really nice licensed bossk I'm all over that. I just don't think these items are going to be THAT nice. Nice enough for a casual fan maybe, but not for a 'die hard'.

It's an understandable reaction for sure. I'll admit it makes me a little nervous about it too. For those that troop in the 501st I can see it easily taking away some of the "specialness" if everybody has an off-the-shelf boba or stormie or whatever. Now, if they want to do a really nice licensed bossk I'm all over that. I just don't think these items are going to be THAT nice. Nice enough for a casual fan maybe, but not for a 'die hard'.
What makes me nervous is that people will buy it not knowing that it may or may not be accepted by the 501st. Just like the Rubies Vader - they showed movie promo shots to say that is what the costume will look like... people got it, put it on and were denied membership to the 501st because of it's poor quality.

That was different. That was RUBIES. Rubies has their "niche" - halloween "dress up", masquerade, ect.

This is very different IMO. The new license holder WILL be working well with the archivists, and they WILL be looking to the "hard core fan" for guidance. They're not leaving "us" out of the loop this time ;)

FP

I honestly hope that the 501st is smart enough to not allow any "off the shelf" products into their membership either way. I think thats sort of a let down to the entire scratch built community if they do. :p

I honestly hope that the 501st is smart enough to not allow any "off the shelf" products into their membership either way. I think thats sort of a let down to the entire scratch built community if they do. :p

It would sort of take the "heart" out of the hobby wouldn't it. Come to think of it, it really wouldn't be a hobby anymore :facepalm

FP

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back