Fiberglass Safety

Adequate - for VERY short term usage. Keep the room ventilated as well. The problem with those, is the seal around the face. A full face seal, is optimum (full face respirator).

FP

Bah, I used that same kind of mask when I sand MDF. Worked fine for me.

I think Im going to die of toxic inhalation or something one of these days, I dont wear a mask much anymore, I just dont breath in that much lol. Aye, I should know better :wtc:

As FP said, adequate. A well ventilated room will help immensely.

I myself use a 3M™ Half Facepiece Respirator 7502/37082(AAD) for standard work, but if I have to go full bore, I use a 3M™ Full Facepiece 6800.

Always remember that your health is important first and foremost and that little extra in cost and discomfort will help out in the long run. :cheers

Stay safe,

Tim.

Bah, I used that same kind of mask when I sand MDF. Worked fine for me ..... - I dont wear a mask much anymore, I just dont breath in that much lol. Aye, I should know better :wtc:

:lol:

Yes, you should. Famous last words ;)

I was much like you when I started. Now, many years later, I've already lost a lot of my lung capacity. It will be a miracle if I don't die from lung cancer, or get mesothelioma or something like that before I'm 45. Once the glass particulates get in there, they NEVER go away. Smoking is better for you. At least your lungs, can regenerate that - over a period of 7 years or so ;)

To FP you listen :lol:

FP

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

Yes, you should. Famous last words ;)

I was much like you when I started. Now, many years later, I've already lost a lot of my lung capacity. It will be a miracle if I don't die from lung cancer, or get mesothelioma or something like that before I'm 45. Once the glass particulates get in there, they NEVER go away. Smoking is better for you. At least your lungs, can regenerate that - over a period of 7 years or so ;)

To FP you listen :lol:

Fp

*sigh* I really need to get me some brass instrument, at the very least I can keep my lungs stronger then they are now, not having played in awhile, but your right. I'll make sure to at least wear a t-shirt over my face like I did back when I started this madness...

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back