Thomas S.(The Clone Emperor) immortalized in plastic

clone666

New Hunter
Spotted at the 2008 NY toy fair Hasbro booth.

14205146_th.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is cool !

Forgive me for this tho ...

I know what The Clone Emperor looks like, I've seen him suited up in pics. And that looks like him. So my question is, does the character look like that (or is he just a good likeness to the character?) Or did they actually make the fig after HIM ? I'm a wee confused, because I know nothing about EU.

Either way, it is cool tho ... wether it was purposely done, or just the luck of being a great look alike, I'd get one in a heartbeat if were him !

:cheers

FP

Im pretty sure that they used his likeness for an actual comic character.

I was actually waiting for this to happen. I guess I no longer need to wait. lol

Wow ! I had NO idea ? That's pretty cool ! But I hope he see's some royalties for it !!! :eek: :lol:

FP

Remember a year or two ago when Elvis Trooper was immortalized like that? I think it was Sideshow or Gentle Giant that made a bust of him for SDCC.

Yup, if I recall correctly, sometime a year and half ago or so, Thomas was telling me that they called him in because they were basing a character off his looks and the costume he made for it. Its a real tribute. Congrats big Red !

My question is...when can we get a Boba Fett action figure with removable helmet to reveal this guy:

Bob.jpg

OK people...there will be no making Thomas do "inappropriate" things using this action figure, got it!:angry

Seriously though, this is a dream come true!:cheersCongratulations!

Now I am a real toy

This is a lot like the story of Pinocchio only in reverse.
Habro_Ganner_Krieg.jpg

Thank you for the notice. I actually received this product sample image the night before Toyfare, but was asked to continue to keep this under my helmet until the public announcement.

Story of events as I understand it;
1. Jan Duursema created the visual appearance of the Imperial Knights.
2. She chose me to model for Ganner Krieg because she thought I was a good fit for the character.
3. I then made my costume because--well gosh I kinda had to.
4. Hasbro told Doug Wrangler* and I about the intent to make the Imperial Knight action figures at Celebration IV.
5. This past Friday Hasbro sent me a preview image.

The fact that they sent me the image at all was a show of courtesy. I know Jan sent images of me along with other reference material to the Hasbro design team, but the character rights go to LFL, naturally. I'm just stoked to know my part behind the scenes.

Be well,
Thomas

*Jan's model for Imperial Knight Antares Draco.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back