Wolfie's Progress.

Wolfie

Hunter
I'm not really sure why I havent been posting my progress here. I guess because I have been on Phoenix Squadron and Florida Garrison's forums and was being lazy...

So to keep the laziness up, I'll x-post a bit of my progress ;)

Here is the (mostly) completed hard armor set! well, I lie, the kidney plate isnt in the picture. I might be ordering a v3 since the v2 is just a templete of abs, I'd prefer a vac'd one. Complete with native kitty accessory.
DSC01046.jpg

DSC01045.jpg

DSC01047.jpg

fiberglass resin smells really, really BAD.
:shock:

there is glass matting bits from one end of my porch to the other.
DSC01105.jpg

DSC01104.jpg

DSC01103.jpg

I cut a trash can apart to start my shin tools and started gluing them together today also.
DSC01106.jpg

DSC01108.jpg

DSC01107.jpg

DSC01110.jpg

DSC01111.jpg

DSC01112.jpg

testing the visor color i already had to see if it was dark enough, wasnt, so I bought one online :/ Thanks to my poor boyfriend for modelling. (yes he is a pizza hut manager, yes we can get you free pizza ... if you live in Sarasota, Florida :p)
DSC01102.jpg

I've got a LadySewsForUs vest and neck seal coming, and put myself as number 10 on her new list for flightsuits to give myself a little more time to lose some more weight. (hope to be down about 15-20 lbs by April or so)

I still havent gotten boots yet, I'm really unsure what I wanna do for those. I havent heard anything good about CAs so I might try to make some out of some Converse allstars, or a completely wrong treaded ankle boot. :/

This all started late November when I ordered some FP v2 stuff with FP v3 knees and back. The SgtFang helmet came in December. I've been working a bit after work mostly, with a rare weekend day of work.

Used toothpaste for the masking.;)

The progress since these pictures were taken (last weekend) is that I have trimmed and sanded the fiberglass from the backs of the ruffkins gauntlets and painted the inside silver. (i've painted the backs of all my armor parts silver)

I've also gotten some parade gloves dyed in S, M, and L, and some twill for the white parts, I hope to sew that on tonight or tomorrow. I'll have the others up for sale (Medium and Large) for a reasonable price as far as gloves go relatively soon, I just wasnt sure the sizing on the gloves so I got a few)

I've been turning a ESB blaster into a ROTJ also, I'll get a pic or two of that up this weekend also :)

I'll get to working on the gauntlets a bit more tonight I think, so hopefully in the next day or two I'll have some more pictures of them :)

I'm using some silver darts from a lego set for the darts lol. My boyfriend coughed them up for me a couple night ago while we were playing with legos in the living room. Eventually I'll upgrade to some machined ones

:lol:lol::lol:

That is so funny! When my armor came in, I laid it out on my bed. Then seconds later, my cat came into my room and jumped on my bed to inspect the armor too.:eek:

I guess cats have a natural affection for the fett man:)

no, no, no, the rotj suit has SPATS not CATS. *sigh* these new fetts...

That is NOT funny. That is HILARIOUS !!! :lol: :lol: I think that a true cat person will ROTFMLAO :lol:

:lol:lol::lol:

That is so funny! When my armor came in, I laid it out on my bed. Then seconds later, my cat came into my room and jumped on my bed to inspect the armor too.:eek:

I guess cats have a natural affection for the fett man:)

Cats just have a natural "nosiness" :lol: I can't keep ours off of anything. If I'm involved, they're involved. Period :lol: And when I'm trying to take pictures? HA !

Wolfie - Everything looks AWESOME ! ! You've been working fast !!! Wow !

I don't remember if I talked to you about the vac'd kidney or not. I think I remember a PM about it? :eek: I'm so sorry if that is the case and I didn't respond ! Resend a reminder, and I'll; fix you up with left over material next week.

FP

Last edited by a moderator:
That is NOT funny. That is HILARIOUS !!! :lol: :lol: I think that a true cat person will ROTFMLAO :lol:

Cats just have a natural "nosiness" :lol: I can't keep ours off of anything. If I'm involved, they're involved. Period :lol: And when I'm trying to take pictures? HA !

Wolfie - Everything looks AWESOME ! ! You've been working fast !!! Wow !

I don't remember if I talked to you about the vac'd kidney or not. I think I remember a PM about it? :eek: I'm so sorry if that is the case and I didn't respond ! Resend a reminder, and I'll; fix you up with left over material next week.

FP

roflcopter. spats not cats. i'm gonna try to use that someday, not sure when it will ever come up, but its brilliant... lol

and FP, I will send you a PM tomorrow about it, as I am working on the ear pieces right now. I found a decent way to grime them up. They are sprayed colorplace aluminum and it looks nice and shiny, but as I screwed up over spraying my blaster stock pieces and was using a wet rag to wipe them down and sand, I realized how oily those pieces looked after the wipe down...

so the ears were sprayed with some gloss black then I wiped it off in a straight line really fast, and it left a sticky trail of grime! yay! lol. pics to follow tonight after I get stuff done a bit :)

I'm working fast since my boyfriend has had to close every night for the past few weeks and I'm here alone anyways. I havent really worked on it except on weeknights lol. But its been about two months.

Thanks for all the support and kudos everyone :) I know I over weathered a bit with the dents and size of the silver, but the general shape is correct as well as the placement so I decided to leave it that way. most people dont notice, and I think I've been my worst critic so far lol.

I scored a jet pack on ebay two nights ago. i was the first to see it after it posted or I wouldnt have gotten it haha. I'll post a pic of it tonight too.

Why am I on here anyway, oh yeah, I was gonna look up shin tool colors lol. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the work from the last day or so. Mostly last night, though the cutting and sanding and painting of the backs of the gauntlets was done over the last three. I slept Wednesday after work, and worked out Tuesday/Last night so its taken a bit of organizing to try to get things drying while I am at the gym so I can work it when I get back...

I made what I can only discribe as the coolest shank ever, lol. Fett must have served some time somewhere to make his too. Well maybe not, cause his was a chemical stirrer. Mine is the one made out of a plastic trash can...

DSC01133.jpg

Here is another one of his shin tools, whatever the heck its supposed to be. It reminds me of a spatula for icing cakes. Fett liked shanking people, then eating cake.

DSC01124.jpg

The gaunt dart and a gaunt half are there too. all silvered up, here are the other parts as they sat dry at lunch time today lol

DSC01123.jpg

I ran out of glue last night. it ticked me off. lol, but I didnt go get any more, mostly cause it was midnight by the time I needed it again. and some dude stopped my sanding to ask to use my phone cause his other dog jumped on the door , locking him out of his aparment. by the time I finished letting him use the phone, I was ready for bed anyways.

But I did get some parts glued on the EE-3 (one side) and one ear piece to the helmet, and the visor is hot glued in. (i fought with that for about two hours :/)

DSC01126.jpg

Needs glue!! (and the incoming stalk)

DSC01125.jpg

one down!

DSC01130.jpg

Visor!

DSC01131.jpg

Not a good pick of the rifle as its leaning backwards, and a part came unglued in two places :/ the circle flange at the back of the t-tracks and the little loop of plastic around the other connection. and you cant see the stock greeblies :/

ah well.

I'm curious about the gun. The stock and the "d" bracket look like real webley(or atleast cast webley) parts, but what is the rest of the gun(pistol grip, barrel, etc) from?

the pistol grip is actually a whole cap gun. the cap gun is attached to a metal D and a cast stock. the barrel of the cap gun (looks like a crappy fake magnum) goes into a black plastic pipe, then a 1/2 inch pvc pipe with blast-tech t-track is set on over that. I used a plastic flange for the connection , and a flared metal flange for the nozzle..

the cap gun has aluminum can covering the bullet cylinder and glued down in the shape similar to the one on tk409's site.

the trigger still functions and makes the clack noise when pulled, but i think its too weak now to fire the strip caps. then I havent tried lol.

I worked on gauntlets tonight..

DSC01148.jpg

LEGO gauntlet darts for the WIN ;)
DSC01145.jpg

Blah blah, not canon... but they were FREE and Chad gave them to me from his undersea lego sets, so I have an stupid girly attachment to them.

DSC01143.jpg

applying the hinges
DSC01137.jpg

other gaunt:
DSC01149.jpg

painted up the calc pad ... (for sale cause I have two, oops lol)
DSC01158.jpg

and the rocket dart thing.

DSC01159.jpg

DSC01162.jpg

I went to radio shack and bought the switches (as seen on the one gaunt) and some leds. I hope to add some leds to the flame thrower tomorrow with the momentary switches. and the large toggle switch to operate a little led on the back left corner.

I have found that fiberglass is the suck. you think you swept it all up, but its still there. You dont see it. You just kneel down to grab stuff out of your tool box, etc that you leave on the porch like a tool... and get it all in your pants and shirt. again. and then you sit here typing updates and feel it between your fingers, on your arm, and then of course everywhere else it isnt really at because by now you are paranoid and have phantom itches.

:/

Meh. but hey, I'm cruisin' right along

WOlfie, what are you selling your spare calc pad for?

I ask as I'll be needing one for my ESB gauntlets that I'll be building for VaderFanForever1922s brother. ;)

Went back to Radio Shack this afternoon and got the correct switches for what I wanted to do. As well as the right Ohm resistors.

I didnt realize how long doing this would take, lol. Since I wanted to test everything before soldering by just twisting the wires together. So I wired everything twice.

Which worked well, since I only had to set it up once. :)

I drilled holes all the way through the laser cannon nozzles. Slightly annoying since I dont have that long of a drill bit. Had to drill through one side, flip it over, and hope I aimed correctly. Thank goodness I did that right the first time also lol.

I didnt take any pictures of the wiring process, basically because I was already doing a few things at once. I weathered up the housing while I was doing test wiring, watching Brandon (our roommate) make what turned out to be an amazing "Barbarian Stew" with Warsteiner beer.. to make sure he didnt burn the house down, and gluing various bits on to the gauntlets and helmet, etc.

So basically I ended up with this:
DSC01171.jpg

I weathered the nozzle area nice and charred looking from repeated disintegrations :) as well as the inside area of the housing.

soldered my circuits and installed the buttons, holding everything down with a little bit of 5 minute epoxy. each one of the buttons on the housing operates one of the LEDs in the cannons. (which are resin, so I had to drill out the tips to fit in the LEDS)

DSC01166.jpg

DSC01167.jpg

The bottom of the housing is held on by velcro so I can get at the batteries and wires when needed. :)

And the back left of the gauntlet has a toggle switch, I put a little blinking LED for that one so I had to upload my first video ever just for the occasion:

th_MOV01169.jpg

So basically that is about all I have done since 3pm today. That and watch American Gladiators while I ate Brandon's Barbarian Stew lol.

I think I'll get the screws on the rocket dart and paint the hose connections and that will be it for tonight. Then i have to get some stuff together to take to the post office tomorrow. Clean up the mess I have made of the computer area and get ready for work tomorrow. Fun :)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back