Wolfie's Progress.

I got a lil something in the mail today. It helps me actually see my progress a little better, lol...

DSC01187.jpg

though I couldnt get it to stay on right by myself lol, Chad will have to be here to hold things so I can pull it very very tight. The belt slides down too much lol. And looking now I put the stomach piece to low. but its just on with tape to get an idea.

shoved the braids where they would stay up too lol. I'll build a head for it out of some pipe and plastic . and now at least my work will be somewhere decent instead of in a pile while I work on other stuffs.

DSC01184.jpg

DSC01211.jpg

I got a couple sets of pouches done, not weathered yet though, gonna weather everything cloth when I get the flightsuit, which is the last thing I'm getting lol.

I glued on the last ear cap and put in the range stalk. Ordered a v3 FP kidney plate and RF about two weeks ago... so armor is done other than that. (and I built a makeshift mannequin head lol as you can see from the helmet being on it now and not on the edge of the table..)

I glued the last hinge to the flame thrower gauntlet finally, and put in a little work on the rifle. So maybe tonight I will have pictures of those finished.

Next thing to start on is converting some cheap canvas all-star shoes, and sewing the cape properly. got a few more pouches to do and white canvas straps for my TD belt before I can switch thread though lol.

yeah, I am THAT lazy. which you cant tell from the fast progress, but now that its getting to sewing, and what not, I'm like... meh.

that and the working out lol. I get back from running and I am like, screw all of this. lol. It looks good as a bust in the corner. Done. hehe. but I wanna lose the 20 lbs so my hips dont too much give away my girlness under the fett gear.

Stupid desk job. stupid desk job located next to a chick-fil-a. and a star bucks. its probably the star bucks fault and the .25 sodas here. meh. lol

Been a rough week for the Garrison...

here is a small update:

TOnight:

Finished the capes, they are in the washing machine now to help the holes fray out and the edges soften up.

Here's some pictures.

Cape 2:
DSC01299.jpg

Cape 1" (probably keeping this one)
DSC01300.jpg

Shoes: (these are gonna suck to finish)
DSC01307.gif

the fun part...
DSC01303.jpg

think the rust color is too much, gonna spray a little black back on
DSC01305-1.jpg

cause at this angle, its really very rust colored lol
DSC01306.jpg

fixed a couple things. Noticed the back part of the scope was too high, so I removed the center lego and added two flat 1x2 bricks. now the only thing I wanna do is spray some more black and find something to lay over the scope and connect to the legos to give it the proper look.

fixedgun.gif

and here , I had just pulled the cape out of the dryer at lunch time from its trip through the washer/dryer (no soap) to bring the fraying out. Kaylee imediately approved.

kittyapproves.gif

Here is a better look after I kicked her off. Tonight I will throw some busted up charcoal art sticks on it and burn some of the bottom.

cape.jpg

Gauntlets are finished:

gauntlets.gif

dying the hoses a bit with brown shoe polish to give them that, I've kinda used these to supply fuel to flame throwers look.

hoses.gif

I gave up with the handmade shoes. lol. sorry :(

here is a little progress though, I have attached most of the armor with snaps, will reinforce with velcro tomorrow night.

DSC01712.jpg

the black/grey weathering washed out in the picture with the flash, but the vest has charcoal and black misted paint weathering and the suit does as well, especially around the pockets and places he might have rubbed his hands (and the underarms , lol)

i added a little fullers earth to 'heavy traffic' areas for hands and down near the shoes as well. its cocoa, one of the colors from my sandtrooper and kinda tattooine looking. its less orange than the flash looks.

boot progress:
DSC01705.jpg

also more weathered now. the spikes are pretty close, I have the holes drilled into the metal pieces and I am working on the spikes.

leather gloves:
DSC01643.gif

I need to basically fix up the range finder block, resolder some of the gauntlet leds and cover them where they wont be exposed to wear and tear then add foam padding to that gaunt (one is done)

also need to hook up chest lights, and rig up some kind of jet pack harness.

Wow, are those your scratchbuilt boots, finished? They look great

nah :( the first sentence of the new post was about me giving up on those LOL. they broke my sewing machine needles twice. Wouldnt go through the leather. :/

They would turn out ok if I had some kinda leather sewing stuff, but I dont :(

Wolfie said:
nah :( the first sentence of the new post was about me giving up on those LOL. they broke my sewing machine needles twice. Wouldnt go through the leather. :/

They would turn out ok if I had some kinda leather sewing stuff, but I dont :(

You know, you can pick up needles specifically made for sewing leather leather at any fabric joint. Actually, I think Wal-Mart might even carry them (until they stop carrying fabric, that is). Just FYI.:D

Great progress, though! I kinda like the variation you've got with the ROTJ suit and pre-pro gloves.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back