Poor man's stabilizer (pic intensive)

Murphoid

Active Hunter
Anyone who's ever used the Renuzit air-freshener will know that it has a telescoping action that the top cone uses to separate from the base to reveal the gel-like substance on the inside that produces the smell (leave it open and it'll be gone in a week(y)).
200.jpg

Yesterday, I was looking through my box of random jet pack parts (its a very small box, so far :p) where I had two of these disassembled (these are also the air-fresheners commonly used for the exhaust nozzles). I had seen those pieces a dozen times and never really realized their potential, but at that moment, I had a revelation! That small tube-like piece used to make the telescope motion is perfect for a cheap stabilizer for anyone on a budget. With a little work here and there, which I will do myself and post the results, I think these could work nicely. Pics of the pieces follow . . .

DSC00569.jpg

DSC00573.jpg

DSC00575.jpg

DSC00579.jpg

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back