Painting Jango Blasters

runJEDIrun

Active Hunter
I just had a question about painting the blasters. I initially thought to use rub n buff but the more i think about it, the more i see it getting on the gloves over time with heat and such. Are people spray painting it metallic silver?? I am getting the resin kit because of my budget and they look to be the most accurate to me. Would i just sand these down, assemble, prime then spray paint? again i am just worried about the paint rubbing off and transferring to the gloves.

here they are:
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Jan...ie=UTF8&s=miscellaneous&qid=1202924558&sr=8-3

just curious as to what everyone else was doing that didnt already have nice metal ones ;) help a poor guy out!

I've gone over this topic with another member of my squad who's an artist and pro model painter. He advised against the Alclad II paint as it's more ment for display purposes, so won't hold up to trooping or being handled.

His sugestion to me was to simply buy/use the Tamiya chrome paint. Once layered over a gloss black undercoat, you'll get that lovely chrome look. Then you can hit it with a top coat to seel it. ( I'm thinking of using future floor wax to top coat mine as it's non-yellowing and very durable. )

I just finished taking a look at that post you lilnked to over on the RPF, and I'm now thinking that I'll give that paint a try on my blasters instead. Thanks for the link Tony. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

thanks tony i will definitely check that out.

I've gone over this topic with another member of my squad who's an artist and pro model painter. He advised against the Alclad II paint as it's more ment for display purposes, so won't hold up to trooping or being handled.

His sugestion to me was to simply buy/use the Tamiya chrome paint. Once layered over a gloss black undercoat, you'll get that lovely chrome look. Then you can hit it with a top coat to seel it. ( I'm thinking of using future floor wax to top coat mine as it's non-yellowing and very durable. )

I just finished taking a look at that post you lilnked to over on the RPF, and I'm now thinking that I'll give that paint a try on my blasters instead. Thanks for the link Tony. ;)

Hey jango, is the tamiya chrome paint a spray paint?

The Tamiya acrylics are available in both bottle and spray formats... so you should be able to find it, but I'll check into it.

It's the wrong kind of shine. Rub n Buff is the way to go.

Please don't take this personally, this a general gripe of mine. Time and time again I've seen people try all sorts of different paint methods. Everyone is always looking for something "better" than Rub n Buff. I'm here to tell you there is nothing better. Nothing matches Jango's armor better than Rub n Buff when done properly (other than Cold Cast). This comes from lots of experience with both studying the costume and having cold cast items in hand (including some made for the production of AOTC).

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back