Allow me to introduce myself

TK602

New Hunter
Hey guys.
Whats going on? My name is Glen and I want to build an ESB Boba Fett costume. Sounds a little like AA or a self help group.:) I'm new to DH but not new to costuming. I have a TK, TD and a TB and have been a loyal member of the 501st SCG going on nine years. This year were gonna try for a squad in the IE. Wish us luck.
Your gonna see me around here picking up parts and asking suggestions like many other newbies. I'll happily take and info, advice and warnings you can offer. I'm not an armorer or painter, but I can sew. Never mind the links I'm still trying to figure things out. I'm not a computer person either.:confused

Talk to you all later.
Glen Borst
TK/TD/TB-602
SCGT

Hey guys.
Whats going on? My name is Glen and I want to build an ESB Boba Fett costume. Sounds a little like AA or a self help group.:)

"Hi, Glen!" :lol:

Welcome to TDH. You've certainly found the best resource in the solar system for making a Fett costume.
There are some amazingly talented and helpful folks around here. Do some searches for topics you're interested in, and don't be shy about asking questions.

Advice? Ask some people here before laying down your $$$ on stuff you might see on ebay. There are some good suppliers out there. . . and some not-so-good ones, too! :facepalm Also, take a look at the "stickied" threads at the top of each section. Lots of great info in those!

Have fun with your Boba build!

Eric

Hey guys.
Whats going on? My name is Glen and I want to build an ESB Boba Fett costume. Sounds a little like AA or a self help group.:)

Hey, there is a big difference. Being an alcoholic takes away your time, money, and can ruin relationships to those closest to you........ok, maybe there is not much difference:facepalm

Welcome aboard Glen!:cheers

Beside AA is for quiters ; )

Thanks guys. Hey, how about a little history. I'm buying a compilation CD of fett referance pics but is there a sticky on each variation of Fett armor? Green gauntlets, yellow, red. Stuff like that?

Glen

Brak's Buddy has an excellent reference CD of Fett images, but I don't think there are stickies for each different type of Boba.

Charlie

Welcome aboard Glen :)

I'm a newbie to the world of Fett as well and am just starting my ESB suit. This board has been a killer source of reference for me in my quest. Lots of helpful links and friendly people. Good luck with your new obsession! :lol:

Welcome Glen, I am also with the SCG, 501st member and an ESB Fett. I just completed my costume and will be glad to answer any of your questions bro.

I'm not trying to turn you away, but I DEFINITELY don't want you to be caught off guard. This is an addicting and expensive hobby!

no argument there. Yup, saw the list already, but I knew the job was expensive when I took it. This is my mid life crisis project. The wife and I agree, it's still cheaper than a new sports car or a younger girl friend. ; )

Holy **** is this thread still around? Here's an update. The Fett stalled when a buddy of mine showed me his new Clone armor he was working on. (KW) Suffice to say I got that and BF went to the way side. Now I can add a 501st CT to my memoirs. Well the Fett is back on and what do I see on the Legion "For Sale" boards... "ESB Fett armor for sale". You've all probably seen the post. I know the whole suit needs work and weathering Im ready for it now after that **** clone. I may be picking it up this weekend. It'll be a long drive to Vegas to pick it up. May have to stop at a few strip clubs along the way. ; )
That's the latest. I'll post some pics when I get it and you guys... PLEASE feel free to critique. It won't be perfect I know that, but I need a trained eye for the obvious stuff that I might miss. Thanks guys.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back