Greetings. New here looking to make my own Mando.

Hey there Cailieg! Welcome to TDH. You'll find this site very beneficial for the technical aspects of constructing a costume. Research what goes into a Boba or Jango, and apply that knowledge to your custom. You'll also want to check out the Mandalorian Mercs at mercs.firespray.net for your custom ideas.

Welcome!
Be sure to take a look at the "Dented Variants" section of the board. (y)
That's where most of the custom-makers post their ideas/progress.

Welcome aboard, Cailieg!:cheers

In addition to what has already been posted, I would encourage you to check out the TDH image gallery so you can see what costume components make up the costumes. After seeing that, you can visually pick what you like the best and take it from there.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Let me go ahead and poke through the replies.

I will definitely check out that other site as well as start looking in the variants forum. I am looking to make female mando as seen in the new figurines ^_^, something fit to me.

As for my other interests, mostly Star Wars and Firefly, I have a decent bit in the way of Firefly props including a custom leather hand-sewn browncoat, boots that fit the 'verse, an MGC Winchester Mare's Leg, and homeade ship docs. For SW I am starting on my custom Jedi persona and my Mando armor. So I am designing clothes and working on armor concepts, as well as lightsaber concepts.

I am relatively new to the whole propping scene but have been lurking at TheRPF, Propcircle and now joined here. I am, however a completely hopeless Star Wars geek. Aside from propping I am into gaming, tabletop and of course, Star Wars, the West End Games D6 version with some homebrew alterations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will probably migrate over to Mercs for the most part though I will be here when I need some advise on helmet choosing etc. It seems I am a perfect fit over there with my love for speaking in Mando'a and my independent character, thank you all so very much for pointing me in that direction.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for my other interests, mostly Star Wars and Firefly, I have a decent bit in the way of Firefly props including a custom leather hand-sewn browncoat, boots that fit the 'verse, an MGC Winchester Mare's Leg, and homeade ship docs.

yay more firefly stuff! got any pics online of them? that's my other big bad habit. fett stuff and firefly.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back