Glue on my new BM vest!!! ARRRGGHH!!

Arakus

Hunter
Since I can't sew worth a darn, I used some industrial strength velcro to attach my armor. The backside was very sticky, but I wanted to strengthen it so I added some contact adhesive (Welder from Lowe's). It is similar to GOOP. I miscalculated (it happens alot) and ended up with too much glue near the collar and lower ab plate. I tried to position the armor to hide the glue, but it wont work.

Does anyone know the best way to remove this type of glue from tackle twill?

I've heard of nail polish remover or lighter fluid, but I didnt know if it would discolor the fabric. Any ideas/assistance would be appreciated.

be careful of solvents because they can stain. is it noticable with the armor attatched? if not id suggest leaving it and moving to snaps instead of velcro.

theres a iron on velcro they make also. i forgot about that. work wonders on hard to sew areas like knees. ima skinny little fuzzy and have to velcro my knees in place so they dont move..

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back