Boba Fett Mannequin Project (a few large pics)

UMD S4L

Active Hunter
Ok, for years I’ve wanted to make a Boba Fett and I finally feel I can do this. I’ve been looking through threads trying to find the methods that will work best for me (in terms of time and money). So this is my trash can armor so far. It hasn’t changed too much since I showed the first pic in the trash can thread but the shoulder bells and butt armor are painted now and my wookie braids are tied up. I’m using the TK409 Bell bicycle light method for the chest display. I haven’t added the transparency yet but I’m going to print it out tomorrow so bear that in mind.
So here are my parts so far. Let me know what you all think.

ChestDetail.jpg

Armor1.jpg

BellRight.jpg

I’m going to try something whacky for the boots, too. Tonight I bought a $17 pair of black rubber boots from Wall*Mart and gray and black fabric. I’m going to try to attach the fabric to the boots using the glue for fabric. I have no idea if this will turn out well or not, but the price was right on the boots and the fabric was on clearance. Wish me luck. Thanks for any feedback.

P.S. Sorry the pictures are blury, I took them with my cell phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so I've only received one reply but I'll give this another shot...

I've started working on the shoes. As I said in my previous post, I bought cheap wal mart rubber boots and some fabric. I glued the fabric on using Liquid Stitch. After it dried I cut away some (there's still plenty) of excess fabric. Then I cut out a strip of black fabric and glued that on top of the excess gray. I wrapped elastic bands around the boots to keep the fabric in place until it dries. The next step will be to add the black side panels then the ribbing. Finally I'll trim the rest of the excess fabric and paint the soles. Oh, and of course add the spikes. I know its a bit more involved than painting leather boots but I counldn't find the right ones. And this stuff was cheap enough so if it didn't work out no harm no foul. Let me know what you think.

Shoes.jpg

I also finished the shoulder bells. I received my decals from ebay, applied them and weathered them. I think it looks pretty good.

Arm.jpg

Finally, I've been working on the cod piece, too. Again using the trash can I cut out three shapes. The main wrap around cod piece and two of the flattened oval shapes. I laminated those two together tonight using plastic epoxy then tomorrow I'll (epoxy permitting) glue it to the cod piece. Then I'll fill in the spaces with epoxy putty, shape, sand then paint. Woo hoo.(y)

It's all hand painted. I started with my Americana brand "lemon yellow" and made sort of an outline. Then I filled it in with silver paint (Folk Art brand 506 Silver Anniversary). I had to do a couple coats of each, though. Acrylic paint doesn't like spray paint because spray paint is oil based. But that worked to my advagtage because I was able to layer the paint and create a range of tones from using the single yellow.

After that, I did some silver streaks then wiped them done so they'd be moe subtle. Finally, after the acrylic paint was dry I dusted the surface with Rustoleum red primer to make it dirty looking. Does that help at all?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back