My first buy'ce.

Myles

Jr Hunter
Well heres the first progress pic of my soon to be jango buy'ce. I apologize for the crappy pic, I don't have a camera at the moment so I had to use my phone, which distorted the pic a bit as you can tell. I've only had time to do some sanding and a little trimming, I'm gonna bondo in the dent within the week. I'll let you guys guess wat it is just for fun.

sMH1f.jpg

i think the thinness is because the picture's aspect ratio wasnt kept when it was resized...

Yeah WOlfie, thats basically it.
I've cut most of the T out, left a little bit to keep the mandibles from spread'n, did some more sanding, I'm getting bondo on wednesday, i think ill just get the stuff they have at wal-mart, but if you guys know of better stuff let me know.8)

sMH2f.jpg

Hey Myles,

I'm not sure exactly what they have at Walmart, but this is what I usually get from my local Pep Boys. I've used this stuff for my clone armor and I will be using it for my Fang MH bucket as well.

261NEW2.JPG

Sweet, only prob is we don't have a Pep boys here lol. Anyways thanx, I have an Idea of what to look for now lol. OH yeah any tips on using bondo, im a first time user lol.

And one more thing I'm a lil mythed about Rub'n Buff, wat exactly is it I know wat it can do but I don't know the details on how to apply it, were to get it, or do's and don'ts.

This forum is littered with info about Rub n buff, but essentially it comes in a small tube. You want the color "silver leaf" and it can be found at most art stores like Michaels and Aaron Bros. You have to primer and wetsand your surface very, very smooth with high grit sandpaper. The surface needs to be extremely smooth because any imperfections will show right through. You apply a TINY amount, and i mean tiny amount at a time and spread it around. Then you buff it really hard with the palm of your hand...and I mean really hard. Rub it until your hand gets hot. After you're done with the entire surface, I suggest taking a soft cloth and buffing it with that too. If your surface comes out too shiny and reflective, you can use some 0000 steel wool to take a bit of the shine off and add the same light scratches that the screen used stuff had.

Hey thanx Foxbatkllr, thats exactly wat I needed to know. :)
And Im sry I know theres a ton of stuff all over the forums about Rn'B, But i was hope'n to get it all in one paragraph, and you totally answered that prayer lol.:cheers

Sweet, only prob is we don't have a Pep boys here lol. Anyways thanx, I have an Idea of what to look for now lol. OH yeah any tips on using bondo, im a first time user lol.

Hey Myles,

You can get Bondo at any local auto store like Autozone and the likes. Bondo is easy to use, it comes in two parts the filler and a small tube of hardener or catalyst. Mix the two according to the directions and you should get like a light purple or burgundy color. But before applying this stuff, you'd want to mask the area in, that you will be working on to keep it clean. Spread it thinly on the edges to make it easier for you to sand and make it flushed to the surface. Only mix what you think you need to use, and work fast, coz this stuff cures within minutes. After it cures, you need to sand it down depending on the shape you want to accomplish by using a 400 or higher grit sand paper. Of course, after you sand down the rough surfaces, you'd want to go with higher grit sand paper to get a smooth, clean surface. Then you can prime it then paint. Hope this helps!:)

-Gene

Well I've got just about all the stuff I need to continue except i ran into a snag, I need the 600 grit sand paper, Home Depot and Lowes didn't have it, were are you guys getn your paper from?

Have fun Myles, this project should be a good stepping stone which will lead to many more projects. Use lots of ref. pics, it will really help your progress.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back