NEW MR FETT HELMET PICS

RF pic

img0884ajk7.gif

Hmmmmmmmm.......I wonder what its a pic of...if it is...?

It is a film frame from an old unknown film. It is a bunch of soldiers with swords running through a village with bodies lying on the ground. This cel was in the PP3. Looks like MR only used the best part of the cel for their replica.

PrePro-Rangefinder-Film-Cel.jpg

It is a film frame from an old unknown film. It is a bunch of soldiers with swords running through a village with bodies lying on the ground. This cel was in the PP3. Looks like MR only used the best part of the cel for their replica.

Huh...thats pretty, um..interesting..? Would have never thought they'd put that on the RF...

Ahahahaha!

Check this pic and you can see my contribution to the MR helmet. Take a close look at the top of the large chip on the MQ-1 board. See those two little upright scratches on the top righthand side?? Remind you of anything?

I etched those into my MQ-1 before sending it to MR to be cast for the helmet. I'll have to dig it out and take a pic to show the matching marks. While it is a small thing, I am pretty tickled to see a piece I found is also a piece I supplied for a helmet that is being enjoyed by so many. OK, enough ego stroking. :D:D

So what your saying Art, is that you intentionally altered the accurate look of the MQ1 for your own personal pleasure :lol:

j/k bud

That's a riot! Its like the Playboy poster hanging in the cockpit of the Tantive IV in ANH.

Ahahahaha!

Check this pic and you can see my contribution to the MR helmet. Take a close look at the top of the large chip on the MQ-1 board. See those two little upright scratches on the top righthand side?? Remind you of anything?

I etched those into my MQ-1 before sending it to MR to be cast for the helmet. I'll have to dig it out and take a pic to show the matching marks. While it is a small thing, I am pretty tickled to see a piece I found is also a piece I supplied for a helmet that is being enjoyed by so many. OK, enough ego stroking. :D:D

That's awesome, Brak's! But I have to say I'm amazed that you got those paint scratches in the bottom right corner past the folks at MR:

zorakvt9.jpg

Hahahaha! I am blind as a bat! The first time I looked, I was looking in the keyslots and going "what paint scratches?!?" Very nicely done!

That's awesome, Brak's! But I have to say I'm amazed that you got those paint scratches in the bottom right corner past the folks at MR:

zorakvt9.jpg

Funny you should do that Turo... In the first painting of the prototype "TDH" was included.... then when Lee was offered to repaint the prototype he had to go all "screen accurate" on us and stuff... :rolleyes :lol:lol:

Wow, just got mine and I have to say I am VERY impressed. I forgot how good these looked. The pinch bugs me a little and I would like to fix it, but it does not seem as bad in real life as the pictures, or maybe mine is not as pinched?

I would like to get rid of that second layer of plastic around the mandible if possible.

MR Fett Helmet mini-review

In case anybody's interested, here are my impressions of my MR LE helmet, #0578/1500, which just arrived this afternoon.

Packing, packaging, and presentation: I was impressed by the relatively size of the shipping box. After buying and selling plenty of Fett parts through TDH, I somehow expected the box to be a lot bigger. The product box is really well constructed, and the packing materials inside were quite similar to a retail box for a computer. Nice paper, smart molded styrofoam, really classy. Sparse but pretty looking documentation, certificate, plaque for the stand, instructions for installing the batteries. All in all, I felt like I was opening something expensive (and I was!).

The helmet: This thing is really heavy. The earpieces are cold (literally), and the overall heft makes it feel like I was unwrapping a new home stereo component. The visor is unexpectedly cheap and flimsy. The fit and finish on the earpieces is tight, and the RF stalk movement is smooth. The pinched visor doesn't initially bother me nearly as much as I expected, but it may eventually annoy me enough to change it. I may need to let the "new" wear off it before I rip out the interior and visor, and take a dremel to the mandibles. The vertical section of the visor is 47mm wide at the top and 39mm at the bottom. And what's up with that extra lip on the inside of the mandibles? I'm guessing it had to be on the PP3, as I can't imagine why else they would add it.

The paint job: I was really interested to see whether MR would be able to execute the tampo printing process successfully, managing the complexity of the paint job along with the overall budget. I guess we know how it affected the schedule. Overall, it's the best mass-produced Pre-pro 3 helmet we will ever see. I was surprised at how dark the colors are, compared to all of the pictures I've seen (and compared to my fan-painted ROTJ bucket). The mandibles are really dark and desaturated. The printing is really precise. I guess I don't have a problem with the rust overspray, since it appears to be present on the PP3 bucket, and that's really what this helmet replicates. My takeaway is that if eFX picks up the molds from MR, fixes the mandibles, and retools the printing to replicate the actual ESB hero, they could charge $700+ and I'd probably buy it.

The interior: It stinks! No, really, it does. I was so thrilled with this helmet that I started feeling light-headed, but then I realized it was the offgassing of whatever toxic carpet glue they're using the fuse the padding to the inside of the helmet. The padding looks nice, but makes the inside of the bucket a lot smaller. Also, since there's no hard hat liner, it's not really wearable without resting your nose on the visor. Still, really nice fit and finish for a display piece.

Overall, I have zero regrets about spending the money on this, or about waiting the extra few months. It looks a lot better in reality than in the marketing photos. It's not the ESB hero, which is cool in its own way, it's a mass-produced tribute to a never-used movie prop prototype. MR's presentation is great, the helmet is solid, and I'll be keeping this for a while.

Pictured: MR helmet next to a SgtFang Mystery helmet done up in ROTJ colors

mrvsmystery2.jpg

mrvsmystery1.jpg

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back