My armor, an update.

Darasuum Verd

Active Hunter
Here's some pix of my armor, just taken a bit ago.

Following text and pix copied from Mercs:

Here's some new pics that I just took. In the armor pics, the knees aren't shown because I'm still wearing em ;D

DSC00171.jpg

DSC00169.jpg

DSC00165.jpg

DSC00162.jpg

DSC00178.jpg

DSC00170.jpg

DSC00172.jpg

DSC00174.jpg

One of the thigh's is in the process of being attached, but I need more velcro xD. I figured out that the Kama / Cape will cover the velcro, so that's all good ;D

Enjoy!

-Naas

EDIT: Added a couple pix. And I meant to say something else... hmmm...

EDIT2: Crixler just reminded me, more pix on my Photobucket.

Enjoy!

-Naas

Hmm, lemme check my Mercs real quick and I'll tell you.

I got em off of Jun Garros, all the pouches he had (for sale), but I only put on the brown ones.

-Naas

EDIT: WWII Yugoslavian ammo pouches.

Hello fellow Mercs! I got suited up tonight and got some pictures of my armor!

Any pictures not shown here can be found on my photobucket, which I will momentarily be adding into my sig, but until then: http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee232/Naas_Atiniir/Armor/

Now on with the pics!

DSC09939.jpg

DSC09941.jpg

DSC09942.jpg

DSC09944.jpg

DSC09945.jpg

DSC09947.jpg

DSC09946.jpg

DSC09948.jpg

DSC09951.jpg

DSC09952.jpg

DSC09953.jpg

DSC09954.jpg

DSC09957.jpg

DSC09958.jpg

DSC09966.jpg

Three more, the first one is soon to be my new avvie, second is lulzy, and the third one shows you my beautiful hair which happens to stick out a little from under my helmet:

DSC09964.jpg

DSC09963.jpg

DSC09959.jpg

Now, keep in mind V1 of Naas Atiniir isn't quite done, I still need gloves, boots, a new weapon, such as a longshot or CS-6, and a balaclava, other then that, V1 of Naas Atiniir is complete! I'll also be posting this on TDH, so if you don't know who I am on there.. you will now ;D

Comment and Enjoy my brothers!

-Naas Atiniir

EDIT For TDH: Sorry my pics are so huge :p

Looks pretty cool!

It's funny, before I got to the bottom and saw you make your own hair joke, I was saying to myself "What beautiful hair, must use a volumeizing conditioner.

Aye, thanks for the comment ^.^

Seriously.. it appears that not many people browse the dented variants section anymore. And that makes me sad =[

-Naas

I check it hourly.... Or close to it...

Any way, my only thought is this. Why don't you have any upper arm protection. It really strikes me as strange that he has that heavy of armor on his torso and none on his upper arms.

Also its just my opinion but stear clear of the Longshot I think its way over used. It may be because I build guns for fun or it may be that I modify nerf alot. But nerf guns and mandos scream to me that. "I didn't want to finish this outfit off with a good gun."

I check TDH around 5 times a day, and when theres new posts in here, I always come in. :p Great Mando man, ya need some gloves! :p ;) Love the pouches too! :cheers

Thanks for the comments. Yeah, before it's complete, I need gloves and boots.

I do agree that the longshot is over used, but for now, I may use it. Later I'd probably upgrade, but until then...

-Naas

EDIT: Yes, with version 2 of my armor, I'll have my thigh plates attached, a new weapon, shoulder armor, and maybe some other things.... Oh yesh, a backplate..

What kind of blaster are you looking for? A carbine, a pistol or a rifle. I might find you something in my large collection and provide it at cost, or maby give it to you at some CON. If your interested. I am going to have to unload some of mine soon so I have the room to make more.

Not to mention I would love to help you with your costume, because I really like it.

Edit: something else I thought of since posting on here earlier. You might consider modifying a Big Bad Bow. A lot of people that Nerf (yes its a weird sport) make them into rifles, and they look like something that you could find in Star Wars. Not to mention that they are cheaper then a longshot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking for two things. One is a rifle, that would be my main weapon, and then one pistol. Not two, one. Thanks for the offer by the way ^.^

Hmm.. Big Bad Bow... BBB, I'll do a search for it, I haven't heard of it before :p

-Naas

the longshot is used pretty often and I think it would look way to big for your armor. You could try building your own gun (most rewarding), but getting a nerf to mod is also a good option. Have you looked at the Firefly? I think it's the most interesting nerf rifle out right now and it's hardly ever used.

Mabe try my simple 20$ ee-3 walk through. Youve got plenty of skill to make it.

I also saw a crossbow at meijers, that shot these rubber darts, looks an awful lot like a bowcaster. Its near the sporting goods section, its a toy, but its fairly robust.

the longshot is used pretty often and I think it would look way to big for your armor. You could try building your own gun (most rewarding), but getting a nerf to mod is also a good option. Have you looked at the Firefly? I think it's the most interesting nerf rifle out right now and it's hardly ever used.

I think you may have a point about the longshot being a little big.

And as for scratch building my own weapon, I might try that actually.

Good idea 8) I'll start drawing up some concepts soon.

-Naas

It's my preferred way to go. Sometimes you don't get stuff as detailed or as good looking as other people, but it's nice to know that you made your own stuff

What kind of rifle are you thinking? Something short and stocky (e-11ish), long and bulky like the mg34 or something long and slinder? I am just curious.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back