rangefinder help!

CuteLucca

Jr Hunter
I just got my lovely new bucket, and I'm starting to assemble it prior to painting. Once I'm done with painting, though, and it comes time to attach the rangefinder, I'm curious what the best method is to attach the rangefinder 'box' to the stalk.

The rangefinder box is resin, and rather heavy, and I have an aluminum stalk. I want to make sure I can attach one to the other and not worry about a bump knocking them apart.

Thanks in advance!

I don't have a camera with me at the moment, but it's BradleyFett's set, and a BKBT stalk.

Anyways, I think I'll go with the screw/threadlocker method. I live in an apartment with clumsy people. :)

Anyways, I think I'll go with the screw/threadlocker method.

That will definitely work. I would suggest you use the medium strength thread locker (blue) vs. the high strength (red.) Why? Because should you ever need to remove it (i.e. it breaks or you want to upgrade), the medium strength will make that possible.

I've used the "rare earth" magnets. the small ones around 3/8 dia X 3/16 thk have around a 7lb pull ratio. they work great. I've even used them to attach my metal armor to my flak vest and other things.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back